HD Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

pittsbfan2000

Original poster
Sep 6, 2007
I had to call DirecTV to activate a receiver yesterday. She informed me that about half the current HD channels that are not in the mpeg4 format will be moved to the new format by the end of this month. And that the remaining HD channels will be moved to the mpeg4 format by the end of next month.

Has anyone heard this before? So basically I won't have any hd channels to watch in 2 months on my older receivers.

We have about 10 of the older HD boxes so this will certainly cost us a bunch. She did offer to upgrade 5 HR10-250 and 4 H10's and the dish for $891:confused:

:welcome

First of all, you cant trust CSR information. As much as they like to help, their information is usually inaccurate. So the existing HD channels will convert over to MPEG4, but there is no immediate timeline to turn them off for legacy boxes.

As for getting a deal on replacing your existing boxes, call back and ask for retention or say cancel on the automated attendant. The retention reps are better suited to helping folks out. Just mention your scenario and the cost to convert and mention going to Dish Network for their free HD DVR. They will make a good deal and something better then the one you were offered.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts