HD Question

PopcornNMore

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 20, 2005
Gibsonia, PA
Currently I subscribe to Classic 200 along with locals and Silver HD. I am tired of paying roughly $65 a month and not receiving some of the channels I really would watch such as Chiller and DIY.

Problems with switching to Turbo HD Gold:
  • Most of the channels my family watches like TV Land, GSN, E, Nickelodeon, MTV, Hallmark and many others are not yet available in HD.
  • Most of the HD available is stretched, has bars on side (like CNN) or not all the programming is in HD.
  • You're paying roughly the same price for 65 HD channels instead of 250 channels in SD. More than double the cost.

I am thinking of switching to Classic 250 and dropping Silver HD for now until more HD programming is available and Dish adds more HD channels that are always advertised as coming "soon".

This would incur a $5 HD enabling fee, however I would get the many extra channels my family would watch such as Sleuth, Chiller, FOX Movies, Encore, DIY, Boomerang, etc.

Question:
Would I still receive my local channels in HD? I believe I would and think I once read that this was part of their enabling fee. Most of the HD we watch are local channels anyway.

I forgot about DVR Advantage. If I switch to Classic 250 it would actually end up costing me more than $5 extra pe month if I drop Silver HD.

I had that wrong again. :) I'm now paying $10 additional for DVR and locals. If I drop the Silver HD I save $5, so I would only pay $5 additional for 50 additional channels.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)