HD Question

peallen

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 17, 2003
I am going to get the Philips 30pw850h HD set and it doesn't have a DVI input on it, but I notice the 811 has DVI. Does this matter at all and will it affect my ability to get HD? Sorry if this seems like a silly question but I am new to HD and all I know is I want a HD set and enjoy the benefits of the broadcasts and just want to know the in's and out's before I get too involved.

DVI or YPbPr is HD connection

peallen said:
I am going to get the Philips 30pw850h HD set and it doesn't have a DVI input on it, but I notice the 811 has DVI. Does this matter at all and will it affect my ability to get HD? Sorry if this seems like a silly question but I am new to HD and all I know is I want a HD set and enjoy the benefits of the broadcasts and just want to know the in's and out's before I get too involved.

You don't have to DVI input. Someone else can give you the tech details, but all you have to have is a YPbPr connection, which should be on any HDTV monitor.

Scott Greczkowski said:
No you can yse the Component connections on your set. :)

My HDTV also does not have DVI inputs and I am enjoying HDTV from Dish. :D

Thanks a ton for the responses. It's nice to know you can come and ask questions and not feel like a goon and get nice answers that I can understand.

Going to order my 811 right now to get on the list!!

Thanks again!

Things are moving in the direction of DVI. Getting a set with DVI will give you the highest likelyhood of future compatability (Hi-Def DVD?).

I'd recommend it if it's not too much more expensive.

If I were to buy one today, I would certainly look for DVI. That being said, I don't have it either on my Toshiba 57-in RPTV. It has two component inputs though that work great! I just wish it had more...

have an hitachi 43" ws and wish it had more than 2 component inputs also...
I might add, I have all s-video and component inputs covered, one component input does double duty as my home theater reciever has 2 comp. ins . have 6000u on 1st and replay tv and dvd player/recorder share other.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts