HD Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

peallen

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 17, 2003
I am going to get the Philips 30pw850h HD set and it doesn't have a DVI input on it, but I notice the 811 has DVI. Does this matter at all and will it affect my ability to get HD? Sorry if this seems like a silly question but I am new to HD and all I know is I want a HD set and enjoy the benefits of the broadcasts and just want to know the in's and out's before I get too involved.

DVI or YPbPr is HD connection

peallen said:
I am going to get the Philips 30pw850h HD set and it doesn't have a DVI input on it, but I notice the 811 has DVI. Does this matter at all and will it affect my ability to get HD? Sorry if this seems like a silly question but I am new to HD and all I know is I want a HD set and enjoy the benefits of the broadcasts and just want to know the in's and out's before I get too involved.

You don't have to DVI input. Someone else can give you the tech details, but all you have to have is a YPbPr connection, which should be on any HDTV monitor.

Scott Greczkowski said:
No you can yse the Component connections on your set. :)

My HDTV also does not have DVI inputs and I am enjoying HDTV from Dish. :D

Thanks a ton for the responses. It's nice to know you can come and ask questions and not feel like a goon and get nice answers that I can understand.

Going to order my 811 right now to get on the list!!

Thanks again!

Things are moving in the direction of DVI. Getting a set with DVI will give you the highest likelyhood of future compatability (Hi-Def DVD?).

I'd recommend it if it's not too much more expensive.

If I were to buy one today, I would certainly look for DVI. That being said, I don't have it either on my Toshiba 57-in RPTV. It has two component inputs though that work great! I just wish it had more...

have an hitachi 43" ws and wish it had more than 2 component inputs also...
I might add, I have all s-video and component inputs covered, one component input does double duty as my home theater reciever has 2 comp. ins . have 6000u on 1st and replay tv and dvd player/recorder share other.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)