HD radio Doomed for Failure?

HD Radio is going to make it harder to listen to distant high-power AM stations at night. That is, assuming the FCC ever allows broadcasters to use HD Radio at night. I used to really enjoy AM DXing, but the band has become so crowded that it is very difficult to do here in southern CA anymore.

I want to have an HD)) Radio headset. Like the one Radio Shack sells for $49.99. That would be the cats meyow!

Another thing that is a problem for AM radio in general is electrical interference. Switching power supplies and screw-in type fluorescent light bulbs are especially big offenders inside the average home. How does HD Radio on AM stand up when there is alot of electrical noise?

hd radio is new and still have it problems but in time it be all ironed out it costs is still to hight $300 drop it to more real price and get them out on the maket

from what i head on some off this HD stations pls no more computers djs people are real and dont want to talk down to but to be on a par ... ipods are good little box off mp3 you chill to you type off music ... but the real voice that keep you thinking keep you going .....
few years ago some big MD thought if he reduce the man hours in a station he make loads off momey ... will it works but some station just have pc to help run place and 24/7 djs are on the way back with hight profits again

a guy in NYC tell you what your weather going to be in s.w. Fl r the records company tell you it beat music in you area ... you should tell you loacl radio station what you want to head there one that are useding HD radio

think the fcc sould let loacl people run this station not multcompanys

Few years ago i had a cable radio station in area i stayed the loacl ask to wire to my house i had 24/7 hours off live radio ,2 am i had irish radio Breakfast Show 7am the lads from z100 until 7pm when i went on with dance show for 2 hours replay at the weekend bbc radio 1 relayed but all live

it will come to HD portble walkmans
In the Uk we have DAB (Digital Audio Broadcasting) Is already on air in many countries, and carries mainly national and local services. There are currently a large number of DAB radio models on the market, and sales in the UK alone have grown to over 1.5 million sets. bbc radio have BBC1,2,3,4,5live,5liveEvtra, 1Xtra,6 Music,BBC 7,bbc Asian Network,5 Live Sports Extra and over 60 Local bbc Radios

and in Nantwich got 30 more staion on top off that from Liverpool and Manchester
Key103 ,Virgin Radio , Core ,Kiss ,talkSPORT ,Signal 1 , Signal 2 , Capital fm ,Planet Rock (that only list off few them , have more ... )
HD if run right it like in the UK and EU .... hd = DAB digital radio
jurdy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)