HD Ready VS HDTV

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
The basic DTV converters have both QAM and ATSC tuners. They output 480i to non digital TVs
HD ready means the TV is older with analog tuners only or newer with no tuners (a moniter) but can display 1080 & 720 HD signals. They do not allow you to receive digital or HD signals over air or otherwise. They work in conjunction with Satellite, Cable, or OTA HD digital tuners and other external devices. HDTV has at least an ATSC tuner (over air). Most if not all current HDTVs have ATSC, NTSC (analog) and QAM (cable) tuners.:D

The basic DTV converters have both QAM and ATSC tuners. They output 480i to non digital TVs
HD ready means the TV is older with analog tuners only or newer with no tuners (a moniter) but can display 1080 & 720 HD signals. They do not allow you to receive digital or HD signals over air or otherwise. They work in conjunction with Satellite, Cable, or OTA HD digital tuners and other external devices. HDTV has at least an ATSC tuner (over air). Most if not all current HDTVs have ATSC, NTSC (analog) and QAM (cable) tuners.:D

Basic DTV converters DO NOT HAVE QAM tuners,ATSC only

Basic DTV converters DO NOT HAVE QAM tuners,ATSC only

QAM in North America is only a modulation of ATSC. Are you sure there are basic converters that do not give the option for switching, in setup mode, from antenna to cable which requires the modulation:D?

And for all that you don't have to also pay Tivo a month charge of $12.95 or pick an annual or lifetime plan (and hope they don't go out of business) ;) For the $199 they get a box with no monthly charge.

Millions of people, myself included, find it completely worth the money. :D In fact, worth the money x 5, as we have 5 of them in the house. Of course, we pay < $ 9 for the first, on a 3 year pre-paid plan, and pay $6.95 for the rest, as a multi-tivo household.

Millions of people, myself included, find it completely worth the money. :D In fact, worth the money x 5, as we have 5 of them in the house. Of course, we pay < $ 9 for the first, on a 3 year pre-paid plan, and pay $6.95 for the rest, as a multi-tivo household.

But you responded about for only $100 more you can get a Tivo but totally neglected the on going monthy charges that go along with it, not a fair cost comparison if you don't include all the costs.

But you responded about for only $100 more you can get a Tivo but totally neglected the on going monthy charges that go along with it, not a fair cost comparison if you don't include all the costs.

I think most, if not all, people understand that Tivo has subscription costs. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)