17.1 vs 17.1

sylfrancoeur

Original poster
Nov 11, 2021
Trois-Rivieres
I live in Trois-Rivières QC and I can receive to stations sharing the same virtual channel: CFCM 4.1 in Québec City and CJNT 62.1 in Montréal both on 17.1. First one is 60 miles from home with 2 edges and the second one is 100 miles away with 1 edge. What will happen if I recieve both of them with two long range antennas? One on 17.1 and the other on 17.2? Showing ghosts on 17.1? No one will be receive?

Both virtual channels will be listed in your guide.

Since they are on different RF frequencies the TV will display both with the 17.1 virtual channel designation one after the other, possibly ordered by rf channel.

I do not know the heirarchy after the virtual channel is listed, but you will be able to watch both and they will not disrupt each other.

Whether you get both channels depends on the tuner and the software. I receive stations from both Dayton Ohio and Columbus Ohio. On two of my Sony Bravia TV’s I get two 22.1 channels, two 22.2 channels, and two 22.3 channels.
But the OTA tuner on my Dish Hopper3 only shows the Columbus stations. Also I have a converter box that only shows the Columbus channels

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)