hd receiver problem

Status
Please reply by conversation.

No_Brains

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 28, 2007
Princeton, WV
i have just recently in the last month signed up for directv. and now experiencing some issues.

i have the hd receiver and on most of the channels it says To Be Announced for what is coming on, and its mostly on the HD channels. I called directv and they tell me that there is no problem and nothing that they can do..
is this an issues and what can i do.
i have tried to unplug the receiver and also did a front panel reset. and it still does this.

any help is greatly appreciated

This used to mean that the receivers needed time to populate the TV Guide portion of the software & would initially load the current days shows and by the end of the day have 7 or 14 days worth of shows populated. The older the receiver, the longer it usually took. If you have a newer receiver (H20+ on the H series) & this is still happening there's some type of problem. I would suggest giving the procedure one more attempt before calling DTV for a replacement receiver. Unplug the Sat-in from the receiver & unplug the receiver itself & leave them unplugged for five minutes. After that, plug the Sat-in back & plug in the power plug. Let it populate overnight & see what you get; if you still see "Upcoming" on some of your major channels that you get you probably have a bad receiver. Check your Sat Signal levels too especially on the 101 where the guide populates from; if this is a low number your problem could be a poorly aligned dish & not your receiver.

Menu>Setup?Setup?Sat & Ant>View Sig Strength>Signal Meters>101

These or this number should be in the high 90's.

If, after all that you are still having problems call DTV & a replacement should be on it's way (Sounds like you just got a bad CSR at DTV)

This used to mean that the receivers needed time to populate the TV Guide portion of the software & would initially load the current days shows and by the end of the day have 7 or 14 days worth of shows populated. The older the receiver, the longer it usually took. If you have a newer receiver (H20+ on the H series) & this is still happening there's some type of problem. I would suggest giving the procedure one more attempt before calling DTV for a replacement receiver. Unplug the Sat-in from the receiver & unplug the receiver itself & leave them unplugged for five minutes. After that, plug the Sat-in back & plug in the power plug. Let it populate overnight & see what you get; if you still see "Upcoming" on some of your major channels that you get you probably have a bad receiver. Check your Sat Signal levels too especially on the 101 where the guide populates from; if this is a low number your problem could be a poorly aligned dish & not your receiver.

Menu>Setup?Setup?Sat & Ant>View Sig Strength>Signal Meters>101

These or this number should be in the high 90's.

If, after all that you are still having problems call DTV & a replacement should be on it's way (Sounds like you just got a bad CSR at DTV)

Actually, I think the guide data comes from 119 unless you have a SWM3. Then it comes from 101. OP, what are your signal levels on 119?

That would be a new one as I thought 101 was the only source for guide data. Some people don't even have 119 anymore but everybody has 101.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)