HD receiver?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

malegolf

Original poster
May 19, 2007
What is the newest and best HD receiver out there that is easy to use, I don't have one yet, but want one that will give me good quality HD???? Is there anything in the works that will be a good easy to use HD receiver in the near future??????

Rumor has it, the Fortec Passion HD Receiver will be out in January. Most folks are hoping it will have 4:2:2 capabillity. I don't think it will have an ATSC tuner though. So, it still won't be the one that has everything?

Al

No such box that I know of that does it all well. I have the Sonicview as a FTA box it works OK software is bad out of the box!!
The picture quality is very good on the Sonicview I watch a lot of sports backhauls and the 720P looks great on the KU sats. (I Know not TRUE HD but still looks great!)

If you have a good computer a HD card is the cheapest way to go.

What is the newest and best HD receiver out there that is easy to use, I don't have one yet, but want one that will give me good quality HD???? Is there anything in the works that will be a good easy to use HD receiver in the near future??????

One of the newest is the viewsat 9000. I don't have one so unfortunately I can't tell you about it's quality but, there is a good review online including screenshots.

Satman Canada Reviews the Viewsat 9000 HD

Looks like the pansat 9200 is also new. The sonicview 8000 is about 6 months older than the viewsat 9000 I believe. Just thought this review might interest you.

The Pansat 9200 has blind scan I read that it is good, there is the Captain HD 8000 I have seen for a pretty fair price.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)