HD Receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.

pack-man

Original poster
Dec 6, 2007
Currently I'm using the D* H20. It is an ok receiver, however, I'm looking for a better one. I wish that HUGHES still made receivers. The H20 isn't responsive and seems slow.

Does anyone have a suggestion for a better HD receiver. Something similar to an old HUGHES?

Currently I'm using the D* H20. It is an ok receiver, however, I'm looking for a better one. I wish that HUGHES still made receivers. The H20 isn't responsive and seems slow.

Does anyone have a suggestion for a better HD receiver. Something similar to an old HUGHES?

If you want the new mpeg4 hd channels, the only receivers available are the H20 and H21, which has no ota tuner.

does any other manufacturer plan to make aftermarket receivers in MPEG-4 for D*? Or are we stuck with the D* branded receivers...

does any other manufacturer plan to make aftermarket receivers in MPEG-4 for D*? Or are we stuck with the D* branded receivers...

It's not a question of other manufacturers making them, it's a question of D* allowing them to be used, and the answer is no, at least not for the time being. So the answer to your second question is yes, you are "stuck" with the D* boxes.

It's not a question of other manufacturers making them, it's a question of D* allowing them to be used, and the answer is no, at least not for the time being. So the answer to your second question is yes, you are "stuck" with the D* boxes.

Actually, there are several companies making rec's for D* already.
The problem is that they have to go by D*s plans for them as they are ALL going to be branded as D* rec's.

HR20-700 Pace
HR20-100 Thompson

I don't know about the H20's, I am sure these are made by companies other than D* as they don't make ANY of thier own.
I think the H20-600 was LG and the -100 may have been Thompson, but I don't have the info in front of me so someone else can chime in and correct me on the H20's

I have not heard who makes the HR as of yet.

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)