HD Resolution Ciel 2 at 129

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Duane

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 14, 2006
HD Resolution Ciel 2 at 129 ?

Could someone check and see what the current HD resolution Dish is sending from Ciel 2 at 129. I have already read the Dish is sending 1920x1080 for HD from 61.5. I am considering switching to EA. When I had a dish pointed at 72.7, I liked the SD PQ better than WA. If 129 is also 1920x1080, I will stay with WA.

Thanks

Last edited:
My recollection is that EA SD resolution is actually lower than WA SD resolution so I can't recommend making the decision based on the numbers your asking for.

It has been a couple of months since I have watched SD content from 72.7. In that time SD PQ may have changed !
I am actually more interested in HD PQ and resolution from 61.5 and 72.7 !! Or at least comparing EA to WA PQ.

Eastern arc SD is the best you can get, in my opinion. HD is rumored to be in full 1920 x 1080. Can't get confirmation for sure on the hd. Have had eastern arc for year and a half now.

It has been a couple of months since I have watched SD content from 72.7. In that time SD PQ may have changed !

I am actually more interested in HD PQ and resolution from 61.5 and 72.7 !! Or at least comparing EA to WA PQ.

Once the History Channel International goes HD, I think the Military Channel will be the only SD I watch. Well, a lot of the reputed HD is, of course, somewhere between SD & HD, but still, better than SD. For an ever increasing number of us, SD resolution/PQ will mean nothing.

Now let's start demanding 5.1 or 7.1 with our HD! :D