HD RSN status update wanted

If the problem is sorting out how to get separate channels to different locations, how about giving everyone all of them and call it a freeview until they work it out They would probably pick up new subscribers.

Being from Minnesota I saw that "presented in HD where available" also footer.......sure would be nice to see them in HD.

Does anyone have a clue as to when the RSN's will be available ? Or is Dish dishing up the pat "its a software issue" response. It seems quite a while (month or so) since the RSN's were uplinked.

gjh3260 said:
It seems quite a while (month or so) since the RSN's were uplinked.

Sorry for the newbie question but ... Can someone explain to me what "uplinked" actually means?

I believe tonight's Twins/White Sox game is being presented in HD as well. But not on Dish ... yet anyway. :( At least most of the playoff games should be in HD. Right???

:)

Uplinked can be anywhere from channels being allocated to channels actually being sent to the satellite to channels being available. The signals being sent to the satellites come from what is called an Uplink Center.

The Playoffs are on ESPN or FOX and likely will be in HD.

Last edited:
Question?? If I add the Multisport package, with all the RSN's, and I currently have the HD package, will I get the HD versions for the other RSN's???

I just added the Multisport Package today and am wondering the same question. My guess (and hope) is that you should be able to. I don't know why you shouldn't if you are paying for the package. And that really should amount to a lot of HD. I'm surprised there isn't more conversation around this point. It might just be that not many people have checked into the option. I didn't realize what the Multisport Package was until today.

I just added the Multisport Package today and am wondering the same question. My guess (and hope) is that you should be able to. I don't know why you shouldn't if you are paying for the package. And that really should amount to a lot of HD. I'm surprised there isn't more conversation around this point. It might just be that not many people have checked into the option. I didn't realize what the Multisport Package was until today.

I subscribed to the multisport package awhile ago ... for about 24 hours. So many games were blacked out that it just wasn't worth it. Maybe things have changed now so I might look into it again. Let us know about the HD content. I wish the NBA League Pass would have games in HD ... I'd subscribe in a heartbeat! But alas, I don't think that's in the cards ... for awhile yet anyway. :(

I thought the multisports pack excluded Professional Sports...

Multi-Sports Pack... $5.99 (All RSN's and NBA-TV; Does not include professional sporting events)

from the Dish Network Packages, Fees, Locals, & Helpful Resource Guide. I'm not sure if baseball is included in that but I know that the NBA games definitely didn't come on with that package.

Also, part of league passes commercials says some of the games are in HD and I know there is that NBA TV PPV channel in the HD Range. You don't see games on there often but occasionally there have been.

I thought the multisports pack excluded Professional Sports...

from the Dish Network Packages, Fees, Locals, & Helpful Resource Guide. I'm not sure if baseball is included in that but I know that the NBA games definitely didn't come on with that package.

Also, part of league passes commercials says some of the games are in HD and I know there is that NBA TV PPV channel in the HD Range. You don't see games on there often but occasionally there have been.

I went thru yesterday and set recorders for out of market Preseason Baseball games. I have a suspicion that as the air dates get closer they will be blacked out. Going thru all the pro games on currently they are blacked out. So it looks like it ain't worth it.

I went thru yesterday and set recorders for out of market Preseason Baseball games. I have a suspicion that as the air dates get closer they will be blacked out. Going thru all the pro games on currently they are blacked out. So it looks like it ain't worth it.

The DISH Network Multi-Sport Pack brings together the best regional collegiate and high school games from across the country. Get more football, basketball, and other top sports from the teams you love!

http://www.dishnetwork.com/content/...ew/sports/multi_sports_packages/packages.aspx

In previous seasons when E* had the MLB Extra Innings package, the Preseason MLB games were not blacked out on Multisports. So far, this season most have been blacked out, but that could change at any moment.

All MLB games are blacked out, except on your own regional channel. In fact, if your home team is being shown on another regional channel and not yours, it will still be blacked out. For example, the Reds are primarily shown on FSN-CN and the Pirates are shown on FSN-PT. I'm in the Cincy region, so FSN-CN would be viewable, and FSN-PT would be blacked out whenever they play each other. If for some reason FSN-OH is not broadcasting the game (only FSN-PT is), I'm still SOL. I am prohibited from watching the game, even if it is a sellout or in Pittsburgh. This pisses me off something fierce. What the hell am I supposed to do in this situation?

MLB Extra Innings merely unlocks these channels/games on the other regional channels. I hate, I mean hate, the archaic way MLB dictates the broadcast rights to their games.

Pre-season games are hit and miss, but who cares about pre-season MLB?

I wish the NBA League Pass would have games in HD ... I'd subscribe in a heartbeat! But alas, I don't think that's in the cards ... for awhile yet anyway. :(
Good news, you're wrong! :)

NBA League Pass has had games in HD on 9428/9467 all season. A few a week at least. Some good ones too. PQ has been outstanding and has made League Pass well worth the money.

From what I can tell most of the games originate from FSN South or Sun Sports. But as an NBA nut I've been very pleased.

Where is RSN HD after all this?

Now the regular MLB season is about to start and we still have not heard from Dish about the plan to provide RSN HD. This is unacceptable and Dish should be liable to a class action law suite in false advertisement. We were made to believe that we would be able to see local NHL and NBA in HD. Now I will be really upset and will move to another TV network if I have to miss local MLB HD for 2007 too. Why there are not more angry persons like me?

Here is a reply I got from ceo@E* yesterday:

"Thank you for your question regarding High Definition Regional Sports
Networks. DISH Network is always looking for ways to improve our
customers' experience and adding HD RSNs to our programming lineup is
one of many opportunities we are investigating. At this time we do not
have specific plans for launching RSNs in HD.
Please keep checking our
website for updates on this topic."

At this point if E* doesn't launch the RSN's in HD before or shortly after the MLB season starts, why launch them at all?

Here is a reply I got from ceo@E* yesterday:

"Thank you for your question regarding High Definition Regional Sports
Networks. DISH Network is always looking for ways to improve our
customers' experience and adding HD RSNs to our programming lineup is
one of many opportunities we are investigating. At this time we do not
have specific plans for launching RSNs in HD.
Please keep checking our
website for updates on this topic."

At this point if E* doesn't launch the RSN's in HD before or shortly after the MLB season starts, why launch them at all?
No plans for launching HD RSN's, but they keep uplinking more of them. :confused:

No plans for launching HD RSN's, but they keep uplinking more of them. :confused:

Dont want baseballs fans to jump ship to D* maybe so make it look good by uplinking a few more possibly ????

Personally i think E* really might be feeling the pressure to get the RSN's in HD especially since D* has MLB EI........guess we will know for sure in a little over a week.

Dont want baseballs fans to jump ship to D* maybe so make it look good by uplinking a few more possibly ????

Personally i think E* really might be feeling the pressure to get the RSN's in HD especially since D* has MLB EI........guess we will know for sure in a little over a week.
1% of E* subs get EI, 1% (IMHO) of E* subs are satguys and actually see those uplinks. Ya know, I really don't think it's worth the effort to E* to fake those uplinks.

1% of E* subs get EI, 1% (IMHO) of E* subs are satguys and actually see those uplinks. Ya know, I really don't think it's worth the effort to E* to fake those uplinks.

Those other HD RSN uplinks were there since last September and those in the forums got excited they would go live for college football or hockey....E* can uplink all they want but if it aint "live" it aint on.

Is it just possible that things like HD RSNs, external dvr storage, local weather, etc are nothing but Dish rhetoric for now but maybe aces in the hole for when "D" starts getting back in the mix later this year?:cool: