Dish alignment help

dummy

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 23, 2007
I am traveling with my HD Dish receiver. I got it about a year ago. I think it is model 611 (no dvr). I am totally unable to align my dish to 110, 119 or 129. When I use one of those satellite finders, it find other satellites but none from DISH. When I call Dish tech help line, they refuse to provide any help. They say I have to hire a professional installer and say they don't have azimuth, elevation or skew data to recommend for any zip code. What is the deal with that outfit? A year ago they were helpful but I've tried to get someone helpful about 5 straight times and received the same answer. Even when I go to the Point Dish screen, it has no data for a Dish 1000.

Is DirectTV better for RV'ers? Is there anything better than one of those cheap satellite finders to help me? I have carefully set my tripod so the vertical pipe is dead plumb. I use an upgraded compass. I have spend 4 hours moving the dish around and have yet to get a signal. It seems to me that part of the problem is with their lousy system that makes you have to have three LNB trying to receive data from three different locations in the sky.

Boy, am I frustrated and open to ideas!

Go here and look at the end of the document, just look for your zipcode.

http://www.dishretailer.com/dishstore/dish1000/DISH_1000_Installation_Guide.pdf

Remove the dual lnb and just use the DPP Twin the bigger one. Cover the eye for 110 with aluminun foil and look for 119 with your satellite finder. Once you find it, uncovered the 110 eye and add the dual lnb for 129. Run check switch on the receiver.

Thanks

I hate to admit it but I didn't take that installation brochure on this trip. I had been trying to align with a skew of 97 (using data for a dish 500) out here in Arizona. Maybe upping the skew to 103 will help. Believe me, I've already tried azimuths all around 184 and elevation above and below 48.

I'm not sure what you mean by removing the dual lnb and using the "DPP Twin the bigger one". My setup has a twin lnb that is for 110 and 119 and a single lnb off to the left as you look at the sky from behind the unit that is for the 129 satellite.

"I'm not sure what you mean by removing the dual lnb and using the "DPP Twin the bigger one". My setup has a twin lnb that is for 110 and 119 and a single lnb off to the left as you look at the sky from behind the unit that is for the 129 satellite."

Correct. Remove the single lnb for 129 and align using the one for 119 and 110. It will be easier for you.

HD RSN status update wanted

2nd tuner on 622, says my bill is overdue

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)