HD SAT520 Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DJMIKEY

May 18, 2005
Can this box recieve signal from all 4 of my sats? 4 being A, B, C, and 72.5 for locals? For some reason its only getting A B and C. Can anyone help?

LonghornXP

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
DJMIKEY said:
Can this box recieve signal from all 4 of my sats? 4 being A, B, C, and 72.5 for locals? For some reason its only getting A B and C. Can anyone help?

I have this strange feeling that is should and I wish I knew what to tell you to get it working. Maybe you need to call D* on this maybe they can push through a software update or something.

charper1

Bourbon Tester
Supporting Founder
May 18, 2004
I'm Nationwide
DJ: I just got your PM and replied before I saw this. Yes, the current firmware version is HD2.00.00 and you should get that. I was unaware by your PM you were talking about 72.5 slot and I do not use that slot. I would still see what happens after the software update IF you get it. It came out around 11/9/04 and I do not know how long these things stay in the stream. Maybe Longhorn knows. How long have you had the receiver connected? My guess is that if it has been more than one week, the update is not out there and you will need to call them for sure to see if they can authorize an update. I am not sure how that would work, but I can say go through TECH and not CS.

DJMIKEY

May 18, 2005
Thanks for the replies, on the phone now, strange thing is I had a SAT520 last month and something went wrong with it but it would get locals thru D*, maybe I should just sell this and stick to dvd's lol.

Ok just got off the phone with D*, the HD SAT520 is compatable with the dishes and should pick up all 4 birds, looks like I got another bad box :river Any one wana buy a good HD box that doesnt need locals.

DJMIKEY

May 18, 2005
Yes a refurb but not thru direct, it was ebay, the guy I got it from was helpful with the first problem I will e-mail him and see what he says, everything works fine it just will not pick up that other dish.

DJMIKEY

May 18, 2005
WOOHOO!!!!! :yes It was the software update, left the box on all night and it DLed the latest software now I have my locals and all my other channels, thats for the advise guys :bow

Pete In Plano

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Apr 9, 2004
I have the RS232 Protocol (and wrote a great AMX Netlinx module) for the SAT520. They say the DB9 is for service only but that is not true!!! Write me if you need it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)