HD Satellite

Status
Please reply by conversation.

airforcevet123

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 25, 2005
Keller, Texas
What Satellite has all the HD channels? I still have my old 1-meter dish (I am one of the original Direct TV Customers). My dish is pointed at 101 degree west, here in Dallas.

If I was to upgrade to HD channels, I am thinking that I would have to commit to 2-years and and have a new dish. Still have an old Sony HD Satellite Receiver that I own and not leased, however.

Thanks everyone.

No one has ALL of the HD channels yet. DirecTV has been adding HD channels the last couple of weeks. See the multitude of threads about this.

Regardless, you'll need to upgrade your old Sony dish to the AU9 5LNB version and get new MPEG4 capable receivers (H20 or HR20)

What Satellite has all the HD channels? I still have my old 1-meter dish (I am one of the original Direct TV Customers). My dish is pointed at 101 degree west, here in Dallas.

If I was to upgrade to HD channels, I am thinking that I would have to commit to 2-years and and have a new dish. Still have an old Sony HD Satellite Receiver that I own and not leased, however.

Thanks everyone.

No one has ALL of the HD channels yet. DirecTV has been adding HD channels the last couple of weeks. See the multitude of threads about this.

Regardless, you'll need to upgrade your old Sony dish to the AU9 5LNB version and get new MPEG4 capable receivers (H20 or HR20)

The NEW HD is on the 103(b) sat, you won't get that with your existing equipment, the older HD is on various sats.
As JD mentioned you will need to upgrade in order to rec any of the NEW HD and at that point you will get a FREE dish upgrade.

Jimbo

An original 1 meter dish? 1m is like 3.28 FEET; I would be inclined to think you have an original Phase I dish that is likely between 18" - 20". (.48 meter)?

Yes, my dish is the Oval Round 18inch. My mind was thinking about the FTA satellite dishes that are on the market. Might go with the Free-To-Air systems for HD programming.

Yes, my dish is the Oval Round 18inch. My mind was thinking about the FTA satellite dishes that are on the market. Might go with the Free-To-Air systems for HD programming.
What FTA HDTV are you going to watch to compare with the 70+ channels D* is offering this week? Spend the $99 with D* and get your upgrade to todays technology. As long as you have been a customer retention should give you a FREE upgrade.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)