AMIKO HD SE - Questions

iBoston

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 15, 2014
North Central
In the PVR settings is the ability to change the jump time. Okay, I set it to 30 seconds, but for the life of me i cannot figure out how to utilize this feature. When i am time-shifting, and fast forwarding through commercials, I want to jump in 30 second increments, but I have clicked every button on the remote and cannot figure it out. How the heck to i utilize that feature and jump by the 30 second increments?

Also, how do you use the Time recording feature when it seems like i cannot keep the time right?? It seems like every channel might change the time between zones??? So, it messes with the time.. Also, i set it manually, and it seemed to be off in one day by over 10 minutes?!?!

Thank you.

In the PVR settings is the ability to change the jump time. Okay, I set it to 30 seconds, but for the life of me i cannot figure out how to utilize this feature. When i am time-shifting, and fast forwarding through commercials, I want to jump in 30 second increments, but I have clicked every button on the remote and cannot figure it out. How the heck to i utilize that feature and jump by the 30 second increments?
Also, how do you use the Time recording feature when it seems like i cannot keep the time right?? It seems like every channel might change the time between zones??? So, it messes with the time.. Also, i set it manually, and it seemed to be off in one day by over 10 minutes?!?!

Thank you.
Did you try the PAGE UP and PAGE DOWN buttons? As far as the time setting, that's been an issue for FTA boxes for a while and there's no easy solution to that one. I have mine set to manual and I update it when it is too far off. For example, I set mine on Monday and it's now off by 4 minutes on Thursday. I rarely record anything so it's more of an annoyance for me but if you record a lot I can see where it's a major problem. Don't really have an answer other than to make sure the time is correct on a daily basis when you set your timers. This is common on a lot of boxes. Anyone who comes up with the solution is gonna be loved far and wide!:)

As far as the time setting, that's been an issue for FTA boxes for a while and there's no easy solution to that one.

My old CNX Trio has a great clock. I watched it for three weeks and it kept the same time as my shaw direct box. If power goes out you have to reset it.

Why don't they support NTP servers??? Seriously, they all seem to support internet apps such as youtube or such, so why not add NTP support?

Why don't they support NTP servers??? Seriously, they all seem to support internet apps such as youtube or such, so why not add NTP support?
Good question. I will submit the request to Amiko for consideration in future firmware revisions.

I have found that ALI chipsets will correctly maintain manual time setting if the unit is not placed in standby mode. Taking the STB in/out of standby rounds the time up/down to the nearest minute. Time setting is a function of the SOC and this limits how and if a firmware designer/engineer supports functions outside the chipset.

Good question. I will submit the request to Amiko for consideration in future firmware revisions.

I have found that ALI chipsets will correctly maintain manual time setting if the unit is not placed in standby mode. Taking the STB in/out of standby rounds the time up/down to the nearest minute. Time setting is a function of the SOC and this limits how and if a firmware designer/engineer supports functions outside the chipset.

Good to know. That you for that tidbit of information. Is that what the feature of StandBy mode, Fake or Real? So, i can switch that to fake and that will keep that unit from powering down? Does Fake mode turn off the power to the LNB? and I assume fake mode will keep the Timer working properly...

Fake standby setting keeps the STB ready for immediate viewing. Different firmware versions provided different operation levels. Some with clock display and/or USB and/or LNB power). Haven't experimented with the clock accuracy in this mode or with the current firmware. If you test, let us know! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)