HD Signal Loss Charlotte, NC Area

sundaddy

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 7, 2008
Anybody else having problems the last few days besides me. I can get most of the SD versions, but HD channels are "Acquiring Satellite".

Anybody else having problems the last few days besides me. I can get most of the SD versions, but HD channels are "Acquiring Satellite".

Check your signal levels in setup, also check to see what the System info screen says as in showing any of your sats in red? Might also look at the dish to see if something has moved it slightly like the wind seeing as there was a large amount of storms that went through the area today.

I called Dish, after they had me run the check, I seem to have lost the 129 sat. They are sending out a tech. Sat. morning. I hope it was the wind/hail from the past couple storms we've had, and not trees putting out new leaves.... there are some trees in that general area, but it was fine the last 4 years. SD channels are fine.

If you have lost 129 due to trees, do you have line of sight to the SSE? They may could put you on the Eastern Arc. It would be much higher elevations to the sats.

Possibly, do you know what degree up that is compared to the one I have now?

If you have lost 129 due to trees, do you have line of sight to the SSE? They may could put you on the Eastern Arc. It would be much higher elevations to the sats.

Going to a Eastern Arc isn't always the solution. Around here if you go EA you lose your HD locals so that for many people is a deal breaker!

What are your 119 and 110 signals say on Transponders 15 and 16??

Not sure, I'm @ work right now. Are there any other options besides the Eastern Arc? I definitely don't want to go back to cable. I will post the results of the tech's findings tomorrow.

The Charlotte locals are also on 61.5. I switched from 110/119 to EA because I could not get LOS to 129. Its too low for me because of trees.

Well it was the trees in my neighbor across the street's yard. The tech installed a dish 500 on the corner of the roof aiming @ the SE direction. All is good in HDville.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)