HD Soccer on Dish

PhillyUnionSoccer

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 12, 2010
South Jersey (NJ)
Guys just got a free month ($15 credit) "preview" of FSC + on Dish since Direct is giving it free this month. (listed on Direct website)

Also continue to request GOL TV HD with loyalty rep.we might get it:up.

Gol TV HD

correct asked for a LOYALTY rep and told them to look at the Direct TV Site which has GOL TV HD & is offering a free preview of FSC + .

Also put in official request for GOL TV HD again

Directv also has Fox Soccor Plus in HD. And Yes the whole month is free.

Dish had Goltv, They chose to drop it!

Yes and if you drop it after the first month of it being free (fox soccer plus) you can go back online and renew for the month for free again :)

Does Dish Network really charge $15/month for ONE channel, Fox Soccer Plus???
I'm sure they do... I think they take advantage of "foreigners" who are willing to pay a lot for something like this. I've seen this with international channels too. A couple packages only include (1) channel and cost $10-20/month. Is it because there's a lot more "cost" to get the channel here ? They offer a "cricket" channel for $19.99/mo. "Racetrack Television" is $50/mo but I'd think that's tailored for commercial accounts (though I seem to recall that it's actually not allowed in certain places).

What does Time Warner charge for similar channels or packages ?

Does Dish Network really charge $15/month for ONE channel, Fox Soccer Plus???
$15 a month includes a ton of football and rugby that isn't available (legally) anywhere else. Super 8, EPL, Serie A, Ligue 1, the Rugby cups. $15 a month seems like a bunch, but you do get your money's worth.

What does Time Warner charge for similar channels or packages ?

Not as much as Dish Network that's for sure. :)

With Time Warner, I was paying $3.25 per month for the Digital Sports Tier, it went up to $5.95 last month. That package includes, NHL Network, Big Ten Network, Tennis Channel, CBS College Sports, Fuel, Fox Soccer Plus, Fox College Sports Atlantic, Fox College Sports Central, Fox College Sports Pacific, Gol TV and Sportsman Channel. The reason for the $2 price increase in the package is most likely due to the fact that a bunch of out of market RSNs are slated to be launched soon, including FS Ohio, FS West, SportsSouth and a few others. The first few channels I listed are available in HD, including Fox Soccer Plus. Gol TV is not, but they have a contract for it so it should be offered at some point. The regular Fox Soccer Channel is included in regular digital cable at no additional charge.

It completely boggles my mind how Dish can charge that much for one channel when I get a complete package for $9 less.

$15 a month includes a ton of football and rugby that isn't available (legally) anywhere else.

It’s available legally here on cable for a hell of a lot less. I cannot believe the balls Charlie has going after News Corp and pulling his ‘I’m fighting for the customers’ BS when Dish charges that much more for a channel I get a cable for so much less. I’m sure he’s really thinking of his subscribers in this situation :rolleyes:

Not as much as Dish Network that's for sure. :)

With Time Warner, I was paying $3.25 per month for the Digital Sports Tier, it went up to $5.95 last month. That package includes, NHL Network, Big Ten Network, Tennis Channel, CBS College Sports, Fuel, Fox Soccer Plus, Fox College Sports Atlantic, Fox College Sports Central, Fox College Sports Pacific, Gol TV and Sportsman Channel. The reason for the $2 price increase in the package is most likely due to the fact that a bunch of out of market RSNs are slated to be launched soon, including FS Ohio, FS West, SportsSouth and a few others. The first few channels I listed are available in HD, including Fox Soccer Plus. Gol TV is not, but they have a contract for it so it should be offered at some point. The regular Fox Soccer Channel is included in regular digital cable at no additional charge.

It completely boggles my mind how Dish can charge that much for one channel when I get a complete package for $9 less.

It’s available legally here on cable for a hell of a lot less. I cannot believe the balls Charlie has going after News Corp and pulling his ‘I’m fighting for the customers’ BS when Dish charges that much more for a channel I get a cable for so much less. I’m sure he’s really thinking of his subscribers in this situation :rolleyes:

Don't get your panties all bunched up, Steve, ignorance is bliss. It's not Charlie's fault. FOX bought Setanta Sports Channel. Everyone who carried that channel charged $15/month, including Direct and Comcast (the ONLY cable company who carried it). SINCE it became Fox Soccer Channel, FOX has negotiated it on to more cable companies. I believe all of them EXCEPT Time/Warner have it ala carte (same as DISH, Direct, etc.) and they STILL charge $15/month. Apparently FOX was able to get it on the sports tier when they signed the new contract with TW. Hopefully in the future, when contracts expire, they will be able to do the same with the other cable/sat providers.

It's Charlie’s fault, it's always his fault. Charlie is the face of the company, and therefore he is my focus. As a consumer I don't care who’s ultimately responsible. I don't pay Fox every month for access to the channel, I pay an MSO. Fact is it’s a pure ripoff on Charlie’s service and decently priced on the competition. As a consumer, all the other crap involved is irrelevant.

It's Charlie’s fault, it's always his fault. Charlie is the face of the company, and therefore he is my focus. As a consumer I don't care who’s ultimately responsible. I don't pay Fox every month for access to the channel, I pay an MSO. Fact is it’s a pure ripoff on Charlie’s service and decently priced on the competition. As a consumer, all the other crap involved is irrelevant.

It's $15/month everywhere else except Time Warner, and that's Charlies fault? Maybe you need to go back in the closet where you found the ball. And shut the door behind you.

If you have an International package it is only $10. However, it does not have the same value as Setanta because FSC+ does not have MUTV or Chelsea TV. Plus they repeat stuff from FSC.

What's your deal? I make one comment about the great Chuckie Ergan and you go all PMS on me? I think the guy is a pompus ass personally and I call it like I see it. Don't like it, tough.

This Channel has been $15 for Quite sometime, atleast 2 years, Before that it was $9.99.

No Charlies fault!

Everyone one charges that price. I doubt Comcast includes it in the $5.95 Multisports pack.

You must be thinking of FOX SOCCOR Channel, Big Difference, From Fox Soccor Plus.
I want to see Proof that Comcast sells it that cheap!

Nope, not thinking of Fox Soccer Channel, as I said that's included in regular digital cable, no additional package necessary. I have Time Warner, not Comcast. If you want proof, ask and ye shall receive:

Ready to get in the game? With Time Warner Cable Sports Pass you get more of the sports you love, including great channels like Fox Soccer Plus, Fuel, CBS College Sports, Tennis Channel, exclusive online content and a whole lot more. All for just $5.95 a month. Our competitors charge that much for just one channel. So get in the game with Time Warner Cable Sports Pass.

Sports Tier | Time Warner Cable | Northeast

Moving timers from 722K to 922

Switched from Direct TV to Dish network

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)