HD testing in Tampa

skottey

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 10, 2007
Denver Metro, CO
As of today, BHN Tampa has duplicates of many of the HDs such as A&E, TNT, Discovery in the 700's, as well as the 600's where they normally are. I think they are probably testing the bandwidth so they are ready to go when they add the HD channels (ie Discovery, Animal Planet, Science) in December.

In other BHN news. I bought a new HD TV for my living room, replacing a first gen unit, and a new DVD-R TV-top burner. While testing my recorder on HBO On Demand, Real Sex kept pixelizing and blocking up. I hope these new HD feeds aren't messing up anything. I guess it could be anything. The douchebag across the street had a BHN truck at his house for half the day. So maybe there are other problems, but all the rest of the channels are fine.

I'm enjoying Fox Business. It is nice to see BHN finally having some activity adding channels and what not. It would be nice if they'd be more vocal in telling us what is going on though. Dish has been a real let down lately, which is a roll reversal with BHN.

They are doing such things in orlando to, as mentioned in the thread about "BHN Opening BW" They are testing the unused FM Bandwidth space, and Space just outside of the 750mhz range (Trying to push the plant to the limits) Thus far 3 QAMS past 750mhz seem to work fine even with the normal 750mhz gear that is all over the plant.

Another interesting thing is BHN has been upgrading many of its nodes, and is doing so at a slow but steady pace, to get all of the nodes to 1ghz.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)