HD Tivo- Circuit City instock again at 2:15PM CT avl for 2nd day Air for $12 more.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bobj2004

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Feb 9, 2004
Pasted from an other thread on a other site- thank your scottchez

They have them instock with 2nd day delivery for Friday at only $12 more.

Free shipping for normal UPS.

There is a post on the Tivo Comun forum with the a web page to check the status for you.

They go quick, check the status often.

bobj2004 said:
There is a post on the Tivo Comun forum with the a web page to check the status for you.

They go quick, check the status often.

I can not find that in the Tivo Community. Can you please post the url?

BTW, I just called CC and they are now OUT OF STOCK.

Thanks,
Joe

I received an email around 3:30 EDT from CC that they had them back in stock, but when I went to the website, they were out of stock both locally and on the website.

Bagman said:
I received an email around 3:30 EDT from CC that they had them back in stock, but when I went to the website, they were out of stock both locally and on the website.
Same thing happened to me yesteday. Email was received while I was away and by the time I got to the site, they were gone. Thiis morning, I did a check of the CC site even though I had not received new emal notification. They were in stock and AVAILABLE! I just got my confirmation email. Now I have to actually get directv installed. Should be easy to do. There are plenty of cables available from my dishNetwork system :)

waja said:
Same thing happened to me yesteday. Email was received while I was away and by the time I got to the site, they were gone. Thiis morning, I did a check of the CC site even though I had not received new emal notification. They were in stock and AVAILABLE! I just got my confirmation email. Now I have to actually get directv installed. Should be easy to do. There are plenty of cables available from my dishNetwork system :)

I called last night to see about ordering. The sales guy said that there were non in stock in my area,put me on hold, then came back and said that there were non availalble anywhere.

He told me to register and order it so I would get an email when they became available again.

Here you are saying that they were in stock this morning but never got an email and neither did I.

How does CC's email system work?
Is their system only checking for stores within 100 miles of me?
I have used the local pickup option for other purchases so I know which stores near Annapolis it uses.
The really odd thing is that this time it is showing 2 places in Las Vegas,NV and one in Connecticut as my pickup area.

Should their email system be trusted or should just check their website a few times a day?

Thanks,
Joe

Depending on how badly you wanted one, I would check the website as often as possible. I would probably skip the 2 am checks.
I would not trust email for much of anything. When it works, great! But nothing is perfect and there are delays and email that gets lost. Not a lot, but enough to make me check the CC site.
I don't know how the system at CC works. It could be a polling system. Wakes up every hour and checks for available product. Find one, and send a bunch of email. If 20 are added to the system and 20 are sold because people just happen to look at the right time, I would guess that it is possible that no email is sent out. The CC system is not a reservation system. And all polling software will have this type of window of opportunity.
BTW, my HD-Tivo is on its way from Oklahoma. I've also ordered a 4 room system to be installed around the same time. After all is up, I will give dish Network the good news and start shovelling my old equipment on ebay. I should break even after a month or so not counting the HD-Tivo purchase.

Ignore what the website says - just try to buy it anyway.

waja said:
Depending on how badly you wanted one, I would check the website as often as possible. I would probably skip the 2 am checks.
I would not trust email for much of anything. When it works, great! But nothing is perfect and there are delays and email that gets lost. Not a lot, but enough to make me check the CC site.

Thanks for that advise and I 'might' have just gotten one.

I just checked the website and it still shows as unavailable.

2 weeks ago, it said unavialble also but I did the checkout thing anyway because that is how to get on the magic email list. It said 'out of stock' but that I would get an email when in stock. I have yet to receive one and even called the phone number to have a human get me on the email list.

This morning (6:30 EDT) I figured what the heck and tried to order again anyway.

To my surprise, it took and during the checkout processs it said something to the effect that it was available. I missed the exact wording because I typed as fast as I could filling in my billing info:)

I said 'might' in the beginning of this post because:
I have not gotten the email confirmation of the order but the printout I made of the order looks like it took and my on line Master Card statement now shows a temp authorization from CC.

I'll edit this post when I get that confirmation email but I suspect I am all set.

The bottom line: Ignore what the website says as far as in or out of stock and proceed to checkout and try to buy the thing.

Joe

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)