HD Tivo price to drop to $599 on 7/31/05

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Didn't the MSRP drop by $100.00? You're only discounting an additional $40.00?

DTV TiVo Dealer said:
$619.00 is our best net cost delivered to your door. 5 yr. warranty and HD DVR T-shirt included.

-Robert

hdtvtechno said:
HD Tivo price to drop to $599 on 7/31/05

URL removed

The above thread, to which I cannot address any questions, mentions that when you buy a HDTV that you should get $100 off the HDTIVO.

Do you know where is that discount available?

CWS_kahuna said:
I think this is good to see another drop in price on this. It's a real shame they did not make this box Mpeg 4 capable. People outside the 1st scheduled Mpeg 4 markets can get some good use out of this HD Tivo for a good while. If DirecTV will indeed replace these boxes with new Mpeg 4 HD DVRs at some point this is a good deal IMO.

So if this drops in price on the 7/31 a $100 bucks, there is also suppose to be a rebate for $100 on DVRs starting 8/1 so essentially this can be a $200 price drop.

Where is this $100 discount on DVRs?

DTV TiVo Dealer said:
There is no current deliverable $550 price on-line. The $100 rebate and possible small price drop begins 8/1/05.

-Robert
So after 8/1 I'll be able to get the rebate AND your delivered price of $619?

ericg said:
So after 8/1 I'll be able to get the rebate AND your delivered price of $619?

I believe the current $619 was price match that Robert was offering, had nothing to do with a price drop. But in the interest of not losing VE $$, you will have to find that on your own.

Robert,

Thanks, you'll be hearing from me in August. Just in time for Football Season !!

Eric

I will be using Robert & ValueElectronics to order my DirecTV as well. I was wondering, when is Phoenix, AZ going to be moving to MPEG4, where do you find this information at? I hope D* does in fact upgrade your box to MPEG4 when it becomes available it all our areas. Thanks! Joe

Robert-

Will there still be "3 months of HD programming" Free after 7/31?

The price has dropped down to $599 and installation is free to new subscribers. If you already have DIRECTV service, the 18x20 dish and installation is $50.

-Robert

DTV TiVo Dealer said:
The price has dropped down to $599 and installation is free to new subscribers. If you already have DIRECTV service, the 18x20 dish and installation is $50.

-Robert
They should give existing subs free install too. My first D* was a few hundred and you had to install it yourself or pay I still have the old RCA in case I ever needed a backup. It served me well. I think Sunday ticket was actually reasonably priced then too. LOL.

D* is offering me $150 of the HD Tivo if I biy it through them, plus programming credits. I may just ask for free install. Anyone ever get the free install through CR? Or do they not negotiate on the installation?

I heard Best Buy will be offering it for $499 in the store if you buy a HD set PLUS a $100 mail in rebate in August. $399 for a HDTivo is just sick. 40% of what retail was just 1 year ago.

hdtvtechno said:
You should be able to get $250 off

Before the $100 DVR rebate? For a total of $350 off? Any suggestions? Should I just call and say if you make the $150 off to $250 off I'll buy it right now?

Appreciate any advice and will certainly return the favor to the forum.

blcklab666 said:
Before the $100 DVR rebate? For a total of $350 off? Any suggestions? Should I just call and say if you make the $150 off to $250 off I'll buy it right now?

Appreciate any advice and will certainly return the favor to the forum.

Im not sure, but it was usually a $250 programming credit towards your directv bill.
and you could buy from any retailer you wanted.

The offer I got was $150 immediately off the cost of the HD Tivo STB. Not a credit, an actual price reduction. So actual price would be $449 before MIR instead of just seeing the credit on my next bill. I already have HBO, so I got credits for HBO AND for the HD programming for 6 months, amounting to about another $150. 1/2 off both services.

So they add up to about $300. It sure would be great to get $250 right off the price of the receiver but I can live with $150 off plus $100 MIR.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)