HD Tivo price to drop to $599 on 7/31/05

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I think this is good to see another drop in price on this. It's a real shame they did not make this box Mpeg 4 capable. People outside the 1st scheduled Mpeg 4 markets can get some good use out of this HD Tivo for a good while. If DirecTV will indeed replace these boxes with new Mpeg 4 HD DVRs at some point this is a good deal IMO.

So if this drops in price on the 7/31 a $100 bucks, there is also suppose to be a rebate for $100 on DVRs starting 8/1 so essentially this can be a $200 price drop.

The MPEG4 transition will take a while, the boxes quite honestly might be swapped at a nominal fee, and in the meantime it kicks butt ;)

solid signal has it for $599 right now, actually

you have to add the hr10-250 to your shopping cart to see the price, though

djsmokyc said:
solid signal has it for $599 right now, actually

you have to add the hr10-250 to your shopping cart to see the price, though

You are correct, but it's $619 with shipping and of course, we match all competitors lowest prices, plus you get our 5 yr. extended warranty and our HD DVR T-shirt included at no charge.

-Robert

DTV TiVo Dealer said:
You are correct, but it's $619 with shipping and of course, we match all competitors lowest prices, plus you get our 5 yr. extended warranty and our HD DVR T-shirt included at no charge.

-Robert

and if you are going to buy, this is the guy to buy from!

DTV TiVo Dealer said:

-Robert

I'd assume that the forum discount isn't applied after the price match? Also, would the price match be for the shipped cost or listed cost?

I'm not trying to nitpick or cause trouble, I'm just trying to figure out what the final cost will be before I call the CR and beg for programming credits.

Thanks

Looks like the bottom is dropping out of current HDDVR owners investment. Isnt that 200 bucks we have lost over the last 2 months?

DTV TiVo Dealer said:
$619.00 is our best net cost delivered to your door. 5 yr. warranty and HD DVR T-shirt included.

-Robert

I am interested. what is the best way to order one on line or phone. Also I am in one of the top twelve markets(philly) should I order the HD tivo now or wait for the newer models to come out with the upgrades.

One last thing I would like a DVR tivo for my other room non HD any suggestions thanks.

I am 99.999% sure DIRECTV will upgrade your HR10-250 at no charge once MPEG-4 becomes available in your DMA, which in your area should be December 2005.

Regarding the SD DVR, the decision is hard for me to recommend. If you wait until 8/1/05 you will have a choice of the R10 or R15, assuming R10's are still available.

Buying on-line or by phone is available. On-line is faster, but both are available.

-Robert

DTV TiVo Dealer said:
I am 99.999% sure DIRECTV will upgrade your HR10-250 at no charge once MPEG-4 becomes available in your DMA, which in your area should be December 2005.

Regarding the SD DVR, the decision is hard for me to recommend. If you wait until 8/1/05 you will have a choice of the R10 or R15, assuming R10's are still available.

Buying on-line or by phone is available. On-line is faster, but both are available.

-Robert

Robert, if this is true...they i would consider it. Just of of curiousity though...what makes you so sure? Also, would the price of the new HD DVR be similiar? Will they be releaseing National HD MPEG4 before my market at #49? But the most curious question is what makes you so sure they will replace for free?

and if you are sooo sure would you be willing to guarentee it though VE if it wasn't ;-)

Pressure is on ya, Robert. I'm thinking of getting one too once the price drops and have it shipped to a relative in PA to avoid this crazy Westchester sales tax. :p

I'd consider buying one, but I just invested in two of the non-DVR HD tuners. If D* had any kind of deal where I could turn in those boxes for a discount on the HD DVR I'd be interested. Robert, any idea if this is feasible?

asousa said:
Robert, if this is true...they i would consider it. Just of of curiousity though...what makes you so sure? Also, would the price of the new HD DVR be similiar? Will they be releaseing National HD MPEG4 before my market at #49? But the most curious question is what makes you so sure they will replace for free?

and if you are sooo sure would you be willing to guarentee it though VE if it wasn't ;-)

Robert, please fill me in on why you are so sure....I want one so badly :)

DTV TiVo Dealer said:
I speak with DIRECTV management very frequently and I ask this question many many times and always get the same answer.

-Robert

Thanks Robert, I will probably be contacting you in the near future. If you are so certain it will be replaced, then I have no reason to hold out on something I have been missing since I left cable.

does that price include the satellite dish needed for HD? what about the OTA antenna (I've seen this added in with a 2 year agreement)?

I'm updating all of my equipment to an HD theater for movies/football and have been watching the status of this mpeg2/4 issue for a while. I'm a little nervous to spend so much on an mpeg2 HD sat without knowing what's happening with mpeg4. I also don't want to wait and find out mpeg4 won't be available (due to delayed rollout or high demand/low supply) until late into or after the football season (might as well just buy now).

if mpeg4 rolls out soon, will some content only be available on mpeg4 channels or will we still be able to get that content via mpeg2 for some time so we can upgrade?

sorry if the additional questions are off topic.

rip74 said:
does that price include the satellite dish needed for HD? what about the OTA antenna (I've seen this added in with a 2 year agreement)?

I'm updating all of my equipment to an HD theater for movies/football and have been watching the status of this mpeg2/4 issue for a while. I'm a little nervous to spend so much on an mpeg2 HD sat without knowing what's happening with mpeg4. I also don't want to wait and find out mpeg4 won't be available (due to delayed rollout or high demand/low supply) until late into or after the football season (might as well just buy now).

if mpeg4 rolls out soon, will some content only be available on mpeg4 channels or will we still be able to get that content via mpeg2 for some time so we can upgrade?

sorry if the additional questions are off topic.

NFL Sunday Ticket "Superfan" will remain MPEG2 for the forseeable future.
The only content available for MPEG4 will be HD Local Channels.

D* tends never to include an OTA Antenna. Furthermore, as the whole point of MPEG4 is HD locals, anyone who needs MPEG4 will, at least in D*'s eyes, not require an OTA antenna for any purpose whatsoever.

D* also tends to throw in new satellite dishes when required.
As the MPEG4 receivers would be useless without a 5LNB dish, I would say it's better than 99% likely they'll replace the dish when you purchase a new MPEG4 receiver.

It might get delayed further. You'll just have to risk it.
Even if it -does- get delayed further, there will not be a HD DVR in time for the main football season this year. I guarantee that. It might come out in time for the Super Bowl, but even that, I would consider an extreme long shot at best.

H

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)