HD Tivo price to drop to $599 on 7/31/05

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Why would one want to get a DVR that will need to be replaced within 6 mo's or so?

And not know what Dave will do to upgrade you.

Think about it.

like last years cars.

JeffreyDJ said:
How long have you been a customer? I was offered $250 immediately off the price of a HD-Tivo, or $250 off a standard HD tuner install.

Wow. I think I have been 8 or 9 years. Sunday ticket every year. I only have two receivers and HBO, so I wouldn't say I am a high $ customer but I am a loyal one.

I think I'll call CR and just ask nicely to get $250 off instead of $150. I get mor from verizon wireless just for asking nicely.

Toddytime said:
Why would one want to get a DVR that will need to be replaced within 6 mo's or so?

And not know what Dave will do to upgrade you.

Think about it.

like last years cars.

Answer to you first statement, Because DIRECTV will upgrade all equipment at no charge once MPEG-4 becomes available in your DMA, so why wait??

Answer to your final remark, Other than see my first answer, you should also consider that fact that DIRECTV will be changing DVR platforms to its new DVR interface, some folks prefer DIRECTV's current TiVo DVR.

-Robert

madpoet said:
So to be clear, the $100 rebate does apply to current subscribers as well?
Yes, but it is possible that DIRECTV will review every account as not pay the DVR rebate if you ever received the previous $50 new customer DVR rebate in the past.

I doubt DIRECTV will research every account to see if you every received a DVR rebate before. The DVR rebate rule is one per family/account.

-Robert

Just my thoughts but you will be better off right now with a sony hd200,300 samsung360 and some others along with a stand alone tivo then the hd10-250 which does NOT have a good OTA tuner and just wait for what will be released next.

Dealers will be dumping the hughes fast I bet time will tell. Seems that $499.00 is the price or lower soon.

Wonder If I should make a visit to Ray Marsh in Pahrump NV

I'm expecting it to go even lower once the replacement comes out. I'm not allergic to refurbs or used equipment, so I was kinda hoping for people to dump them, and since I am #30 in the list, I'd be able to use it awhile. :)

Guess that plan may be out the door, since they said it may be 2006 before the replacement comes out. :rolleyes:

Toddytime said:
see it at $457.95 on e bay
How low will it go....lol
junk electronics

Tell us how you really feel toddy?

As for me, it tunes everything I need just fine. Thanks.

mine should be here tomorrow and I am already excited!! Can't wait I have waited so long...and it could be said if you wait to long you could lose out! to each his own

If one wants yesterdays electronics.... Great.

But I will wait just a bit for the latest thing without buying now.

And yes I like the latest toys and have most.

Let's see who is pushing this receiver...

madpoet said:
Tell us how you really feel toddy?

As for me, it tunes everything I need just fine. Thanks.

It does not tune sd tv

No folders

only one output to tv

only one getting in on this is people who want to dump product now

Like selling last years car.

Think about it the Receiver is NOT state of the art in many ways.

And if you think Dave will do an upgrade for nothing you are in another world.... It won't happen

Let's see if you had this product would you not want to dump it.

Toddytime said:
It does not tune sd tv

No folders

only one output to tv

only one getting in on this is people who want to dump product now

Like selling last years car.

Think about it the Receiver is NOT state of the art in many ways.

And if you think Dave will do an upgrade for nothing you are in another world.... It won't happen

Let's see if you had this product would you not want to dump it.

doesnt tune SD? huh?

only one output? huh?

Itll be till 2007 or later before I get my Local HD so this is a good investment (though im not getting one for other reasons)

Last Years Cars are a great buy and you get substantial Discounts even off insurance and taxes

No folders isnt as big a deal as youde think... you can sort things ya know.

I am thinking of eliminating my TS-360 and SD TiVo and replacing them with one HD TiVo with the price drops. I don't pay the monthly DVR fee since I paid the lifetime fee way back when. If I get the new unit will I still not pay the monthly fee? The last time I changed my DVR Directv said it was my lifetime not the receivers.

My situation is I need an HD DVR. I already have the Zenith HDR230 and it is limited in many ways unlike the 10-250.

I am not on satellite nor wish to be on satellite. My concern is HDTV OTA only.

Can I use the 10-250 without a satellite dish? I suspect the answer may be yes but I will not get firmware upgrades nor the full TIVO capabilities.

I am thinking about the Sony DVR that also handles cable along with OTA. The 10-250 doesn;t do cable does it?

Looking forward to the communities advice...

Thanks

happy Customer

Both VE and D* have made me a happy customer. It just goes to show how attention to the customer, whatever the motivation, can make a sub happy.

First off, Robert has been very helpful to all of us. I got my credits from D*, ordered from VE yesterday and got here today. My cost for the stb with MIR and $250 will be about $199.

D* also made me happy. Like many, I got the reduced price for 6 months on my HBO and the HD service, but today they went above and beyond. VE has the code for the $49 installation, but without asking, my CR Rep took the code, saw the price and told me she'd credit it off my account. Free installation including the HD capable dish I'll need. She then informed me DVR service was going to $5.99/month which many of us expected. In my view its still a much better deal than stand alone. BUT - she said she'd credit me $15/month off my regular service for 6 months.

Anyhow, I know not everyone likes their service or PQ, but personally I stay with a company for a broad range of reasons. PQ is a very BIG reason but I take other things into account.

Kudos to VE and D* for keeping a picky and well informed customer happy.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)