HD Turbo?

Chandler36511

Original poster
Dec 14, 2004
I am currently using OTA, but am looking for an all-HD package. Cable is not an option where I live so I am now considering Dish.

I've been reading all the discussions about Dish's current all-HD package vs. the new Turbo package starting 8/1/08.

My wife and I have both been subscribers to Dish in the past (about 5-6 years ago). Do I need to go ahead and jump on the current all-HD package since Turbo is only offered to new, first-time subscribers? Or will it be possible for me to get the Turbo package since I am not a current subscriber?

Thanks for the help! :)

That's what I was afraid of. I just don't want to miss out on an all-HD package altogether.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens! :confused:

If it was 5-6 years ago, I would be willing to bet things are such a mess over there, you would probably have no issue signing up. Sure seems worth a try to me, but no way to know for sure as you can ask 5 CSRs and get 5 different answers.

If your address & tel # is the same as it was, you will qualify as a "FORMERS" customer
. Formers customers enjoy the same benefits as a new customer.....24 month DHA contract, free hardware, and free basic install. Notice.....if you are thinking about a 722, it's free NOW....after 7/31/08 it will cost $50 to up-grade to the 722. Hope this is useful info.

Thanks for the information. Unfortunately, we are not at the same address as we were 5 years ago. I might just give them a call and see what my options are. Thanks again.

There isn't any basic difference when it comes to benefits, between "NEW" and "FORMERS". What you need to understand is the cost on the top of the line 722 is going up after 7/31. If you only want a 612, can't get it UNTIL 8/01. 612 not leased as primary receiver, now. It is considered as an up-grade costing $99. After 7/31, you can get it as primary at no charge. In my oppinion, the current offer is better, if the 722 is needed............

Current customers are not eligible for the Turbo package.

I think HD Absolute is a better deal - go for it NOW!!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)