HD tv needed for 622 install?

doubletap

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 14, 2006
Hi All:

Current subscriber having two 622's installed tomorrow. The hd tv I ordered will not be here in time for installation and all I have is standard SD tv's. WIll the installer create any problem because I do not have an Hd tv available? :confused:

It doesn't matter what kind of TV you have for an installation. He will most likely use composite audio video cables to get you going. When you get your TV just replace those with either component or HDMI cable and you should be good to go.

If your TV has component in the installer should use that, if they have them. If not then they will use the composite that is in the box. Everything will be downconverted from the HD channels if you have them.
When you get your HDTV, just buy an HDMI cable. Or buy it now from monoprice and it will arrive in a few days. Also use a component cable for the other TV if it doesn't accept the HDMI.

The only potential problem would be if the current tv does not have av inputs they can use to hook the 622 receivers up as some of the older model and cheaper sets only have a coax input and there is not coax out on the tuner 1 of the 622 receivers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)