HD Upgrade in Detroit (5 LNB)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

aristotlewilde

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jul 19, 2004
I am on the line with D* right now setting an appointment for upgrade. They are telling me it is a $99 charge. Is this normal?

I know I can always call back in 20 minutes and get a credit if need be.

Upgrade is FREE !!

I got my upgrade free with a 2 year commitment, that was a 5 Lnb Dish and 2 H20 boxes just call cus install support 888-355-7530. Please only talk to this Dept. The rest on them don't have a clue :cool:

I didn't call any "special" number. but te agent on the phone said $99 and I said "I thought it was free for existing HD customers". He said, "oh yeah, I see that rate on the bottom of my page, sorry."...it was free install, 2 year commitment...AND, it has been working GREAT for me ever since.

I ordered an upgrade for next week, and was told I'd have to give them my old receiver as part of the upgrade.

But, due to the fact that it's not possible to carry OTA signal and sat signals on the same cable, and use a diplexer to split out at the box, I'm thinking I'll cancel the upgrade for now.

I had my install yesterday, and was told that they would take the box. When Michigan Microtech came, they said the old box was mine to do with as I please. I will be putting it on e-bay sometime today.

slowmo44 said:
I had my install yesterday, and was told that they would take the box. When Michigan Microtech came, they said the old box was mine to do with as I please. I will be putting it on e-bay sometime today.

What number did you call at directv & who did you speak with ?

I guess theres are alot of lurkers on this site
your first post since may :D

Anyway :welcome to SatelliteGuys

Called the number above and got the song and dance twice. Finally got frustrated and gave up. I was informed by the CSR that there'd be a $200 rebate with the H20. Is this correct??

I'm sooooooooooooo lucky..................... It took me 10 phone calls to the big "D", three supervisors and three different contractors over a 5 week span to get a 5lnb dish installed. Had the H20 all along but not the 5lnb. Now I got it all. What an expereince.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)