HD " Wish List" TOP 5

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Scott Greczkowski said:
There will be no SCIFI HD or USA HD, this is what Universal HD is for.

Never say never, but I'm hoping that they do program the exisiting Universal HD more appropriately. One of the nice things about Discovery HD is the variety of programming from all of their SD channels. We have too many channels that have limited programming with endless repeats. Even the well established SD nets (TBS, TNT, FX, USA) show an unacceptable number of repeats.

As I've said before, about 24 well-programmed channels is really all that's necessary based on the programming being shown. I don't need a whole weekend of "Back To The Future" repeat showings once a month, nor "Stepmom", "Sleeping with the Enemy", or "Happy Gilmore". Program the cable channels more like the OTA broadcast channels!

However Universal HD is not a preferred outlet for many of the studios producing shows for Sci-Fi. For example the Stargate SG-1 series.

So UNIHD is not a be-all answer for shows airing on Sci-Fi.

I don't want more HD channels until quality issues are addressed.
First I want HD Quality on the existing HD channels.
Then I want full-bandwidth digital quality on the SD channels.
Then, after fixing the quality on all of the channels, start adding bandwidth capacity, and only when enough capacity is available, add more HD channels.

Universal HD may be the current answer for Sci Fi, but it WON'T be the permanent answer unless they decide to simulcast new shows from Sci Fi on Universal HD.

Battlestar Galactica has a huge following, and is made for HD, but the series doesn't show in HD on UHD until after the season has already finished on Sci Fi in SD. That is fine now, but won't cut it in the future when most of the country is watching television in HD.

My wish list?

Sci Fi HD
Comedy Central HD
Fuse HD (MTV if we can't get Fuse, but I actually like watching MUSIC VIDEOS!)
Disney HD (For my increasingly discerning kids!)
BBC America HD

The one good thing about Cox cable (besides HD locals in Vegas) was their INHD channels. They played all the old UFC fights in HD....man I miss that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts