HDD Can't Find Programs to Transfer

ERSanders

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 3, 2004
Fairport, NY
I have a HWS at S316. I am trying to transfer from the internal to an external HDD those programs which we want, but choose not to watch until much later in the season.

There are a total of about 90 programs within six folders. When I try to access them thru the external HDD Menu/ExternalHD/From/To menu I can see only about 35 of them... and NOT the ones I want to transfer. None of them are remaining in the PTAT folder. The HDD has performed just fine for the last few years and continues to be able to accept and return shows to the internal HD.

I have tried the pull-the-plug reboot with no success. Is this one of the "features" that is being fixed with the s/w beyond S316? Any other ideas?

It only displays the events that will fit on the ehd. Once you start transferring content the additional events will start appearing.

That seems logical, but does not make mathmatical sense based on the stats.

Hopper has 694GB free of 1231GB and HDD has 356GB free of 931GB; 356/694 is 51%... I'm not seeing 51% of what's on the internal since I can only see 39 of 115, or 31% of shows (assuming that they are all the same mB size (which they are close to).

Is the problem in the s/w setup some other way?

This issue has been discussed a few times before. Try searching (Google). Site search is lame.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)