HDD on FTA

Status
Please reply by conversation.

TomP

Original poster
Oct 3, 2004
Can a Motorola HDD-200 be attached to a Pansat 330a? And will this provide HD feed.
Are there other ways to get HD other than having an Integra 910 or 910?

A pci-dvb card with a powerfull computer and software that can decode 4:2:2 that most HD feeds are in.

I wouldn't get an Integra as it isn't as flexible as a pci card. You won't be able to get that much with it.

what is a good pci card to get?I've been thinking about buying one for a while now and what type of software do u use to dycrpt 4:2:2 broadcast?

does the Twinhan VisionPlus have blind scan capabilites, if not which pci card does.

jackal2403 said:
what is a good pci card to get?I've been thinking about buying one for a while now and what type of software do u use to dycrpt 4:2:2 broadcast?

The Twinhan 1020A is a good card for HD but the software that comes with it sucks. HD is usally 4:2:0 and not 4:2:2, you can find 4:2:2 standard defintion feeds but HD 4:2:2 is not common.

You can use programs like Mytheater, dvbdream and others with HD and it will work quite well as long as you use a decoder that supports DXVA and a good video card, Nvidia and ATI cards should work well, a fast computer helps also and you must have your dish well tuned and have good LNB's.

If you want to decode 4:2:2 SD feeds you need to use a decoder that supports it, most don't Elecard does and a few others but Elecard decoders are not any good for HD. I have used DVBdream with cyberlink decoders that came with my ATI video card to play HD and it will play for hours with out a hitch on my Athlon xp3000 computer.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)