HDlil PQ Revisited(my comments)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

gadgtfreek

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
May 29, 2006
Lower Alabama
Ive had my locals in HD for about two weeks, and I can say Im very impressed with the PQ compared to OTA. If any of you have been hesitant about adding the, you should not. The ability to record 3 HD locals at once is pretty awesome and will be helpful in the fall.

This makes me wonder if the issues I see with some national HD channels arent dish's fault, but that of the network.

I do love the ability to record 3HD channels at once, but compared to OTA I still see a slight degradation in PQ with Dish. Dish locals are lacking a bit of sharpness and color and have a bit more blocking/artifacts. To me switching back and forth it is pretty obvious, but otherwise it would be tough to see. If I give OTA a 10, Dish locals are 8.5-9.

I agree, I can see slight softness when jumping back and forth quickly(tested on the nascar race yesterday). I also agree with the 10 for ota, and 9 for Dish HDlils.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts