HDMI Cable length ?

davidmf

Original poster
Jan 19, 2006
Need to purchase a 25' HDMI to HDMI cable for HD Directv receiver to plasma. What would you recommend?

Tnx,
Davidmf

I bought cables from monoprice.com (dvi, componant, optical and digital coax audio). Great prices and not at all cheezy. Good quality cables. They are out of stock at the moment (25' hdmi male to male) but stuff usually comes in stock prettty quick. Check 'em out.

I can second the Monoprice.com recommendation. I have a couple cables from them and they are very good quality.

Ramelectronics is an excellent source. I have a 30 ft run of HDMI to my projector at the back of the room (yeah baby, basement under the whole condo is MINE :) and have no problem.

Beauty of HDMI is that being a digital bit signal it can run very long lengths with little if any problems.

I also have a Muxlab balun for component video and digital coax sound to my upstairs room HDTV and it approaches 100 ft in length without any problems. The signal is transmitted via ethernet CAT5 cable.

Jeeze! How do you guys afford those HDMI cables? I mean just a 6 ft one I priced at Wal Mart was 45 bucks,and that was an HDMI to DVI cable.

Im thinking a 30 ft one you will only find at Best Buy or Circuit City or of course on the net will cost well over a 150 dollars.

Don't look at the price of the cable alone! Look at the price of everything else in the HT first then the cable is cheap
Just my .02 worth

Stalker said:
Jeeze! How do you guys afford those HDMI cables? I mean just a 6 ft one I priced at Wal Mart was 45 bucks,and that was an HDMI to DVI cable.

Im thinking a 30 ft one you will only find at Best Buy or Circuit City or of course on the net will cost well over a 150 dollars.

They are much less expensive from the sites mentioned in this post as opposed to the prices you see in those stores.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)