HDMI cable picture instability issues.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

asnigro

Original poster
Dec 21, 2005
Chicago Burbs
Just got a new HDMI cable to see if it works better than my Monster component cables and when D* is being viewed via the HDMI cable, when the H20 switches resoulutions as the channel changes formats (ex. ESPNHD 720p to HBO HD 1080i), it gives solid signal for maybe 2 seconds then goes black for maybe 4 seconds, then goes back to solid signal for 2 seconds, etc. The only way to stop this from happening is to turn the reciever and TV off and then back on. This doesnt happen all the time, but usually ends up happening eventually during the night. I believe it happens promarily when viewing 1080i. I have a 52" Toshiba DLP. Any ideas as to why this is happening?

It's probably your tv. See if setting the H20 to output 1080i or 720p only resolves the problem.

Yes, that is an idea, thanks. So I assume the problem is specific to the HDMI cable and the TV. I guess I have some more problem solving to do.

This happens with every HDMI cable and STB. If you let the STB change the format instead of your TV which is faster then this will happen. Do as the guy instructed above. that will make your tv change the format and it will be much faster.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts