HDMI & Component for "TV2"

ClevelandRob

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 14, 2006
Well, I finally purchased my second HDTV (yeah!). I was just going to use the home distribution of my 622 and combine it with my OTA. After thinking about it... I've really gotta get HD-DVR service on that TV!

What I was wondering is can I use both the HDMI & Component outputs on the 622 for TV1 and send 100 ft of component with dual RCA for audio to my second HDTV while using the HDMI for first HDTV?

Is it okay to run lengths of component this long? Anyone have experience with this?

Saw this on monoprice, I'm thinking this is what I need:
http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...cs_id=1023501&p_id=2672&seq=1&format=2&style=

Thanks.

Yes, you can do that. the 622 has both the HDMI and component active at the same time.

Due to the distace, you want high quality cables though. Do some research online, you should be able to find some that won't break the bank.

Remember, that you can only watch one program in HD at a time--both TV's will be showing the same program. To watch a second program, you'd have to use the TV2 feature of the receiver, and that program would only be in SD quality even if it was originally broadcast in HD (although I think you'll still get the correct aspect ratio for the program).

You can do that. But as stated, you would be limited in your viewing. SInce you are using the output of TV1, both TVs would have to watch the same program. In other words, you cannot go upstairs and watch the football game while the wife watches something else.

S~

There are products on the market that extend component video to 100 meters using Cat 5 twisted pair cable. I'm going to guess that they're cheaper than running 100 feet of component video cable, and it's much easier to run one cable in your walls than three. You still have to figure out what to do with audio though.

I have over a hundred feet of regular QS RG-6 coax that runs my component video to a media closet and then distributes it to 2 other hdtv's. But I also prewired for this in new construction last year so it wasn't hard and I had easy access.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)