HDMI Issues (622 and Sony XBR4 LCD)...

I just might do that myself! My 622 is owned vs. leased. I wonder if there will be any attractive incentives for an owner? I have no real reason to upgrade other than the fact that my HDD is maxed out. The 622 I currently have is performing well, but the drive does have about 15K hours on it at this point.

(Seems to me when the offer was first out there for 942 owners/lesees to upgrade to the 622, the owners got royally screwed!)

Yeah, I own my 622 as well. I'm going to have to get the protection plan in order to get Dish to replace it.

It looks like I'm going to have to sign a 2 year agreement if I want to get a leased 722. Oh well. I've been with Dish for several years and don't really want to jump to DirecTV's DVR anyway. That external hard drive feature is going to be good for Dish Network's retention.

By the way, you might want to look into the external hard drive feature since your hard drive is full.

I have had my 622 for about a year and just got a Sony 52XBR4. The previous TV was hooked up with component cables from the 622. I hooked up the HDMI cable to the Sony and it worked without any setting changes. I also hooked up component cables and audio as I fully expect the HDMI fitting on my older 622 to break any day now. I believe most people are reporting that the known HDMI connector problem is fixed on newer 622/722 models.

I have had my 622 for about a year and just got a Sony 52XBR4. The previous TV was hooked up with component cables from the 622. I hooked up the HDMI cable to the Sony and it worked without any setting changes. I also hooked up component cables and audio as I fully expect the HDMI fitting on my older 622 to break any day now. I believe most people are reporting that the known HDMI connector problem is fixed on newer 622/722 models.

Glad to hear that as I have the 722. You might be interested to know that Cosumer Reports just rated my KDS-R60XBR2 projection TV as their # 1 pick and gave it their highest ratings. It's a shame that Sony is disconnecting their projection sets. I have been buying Sony XBR TVs since 1989 & still have my 1st one in the bedroom. It's a 27" set & the PQ is still just as good today as it was 19 years ago.

I also am very impressed with my new Sony MDR-DS6000 5.1 surround sound wireless Dolby Digital headphones. Enjoy your new XBR. My 60" set is my 3rd one.:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)