HDMI issues?

glowrdr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 25, 2009
Minneapolis, MN
I have been having some ongoing issues with HDMI and my 722k. Started out with box 1. Instantly after it was connected to the TV, my TV started to turn off every 15-20 minutes, for approx. 10 seconds, and it would turn on. This would repeat until I shut the TV off.

Did all of the troubleshooting including replacing some parts on the TV ($$) and found if I connected the 722k via component, my problem went away. I also had some additional, unrelated problems with the box so I replaced it.

Box 2 - I am having issues in which I am getting horizontal lines flickerin across the screen (there are probably 1-2 on the screen at any given time). These are not solid lines, more like a flash of light that goes across the TV at 1 pixel line. I also notice that bright colors appear "flashy" - think sequins. I have seen anything from a brick wall, to a blue tarp, to random background images. This "flashiness" only seems to affect certain colors on the screen and does not bleed into other areas. As for the lines - it appears to only affect the broadcast part of the screen. I have noticed it does not appear in the menu/guide portions - although if your in the guide, it will show on the entire width of the screen where the preview box is)

Again - problem solved with using component. I currently have both HDMI and component setup as 2 different inputs on the TV. I can pause the screen with the horizontal artifact on it (HDMI-input 2), and switch to component (input 4) and it disappears.

Is there a known issue with the HDMI on these boxes? I have no issues with other HDMI devices on this TV (360 and DVD). So im reluctant to say it's my TV's problem. But is it possible that I got 2 bad boxes? I will be leaving it connected via component, but I still want to get to the bottom of this.

Thanks - sorry for being so long

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)