hdmi or component cable with 622

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

harveystern

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Sep 17, 2003
miami fl
Best buy just installedmy new samsungtv. and couldnt use hdmi cable with my dish 622 had to use component cables instead. They told me me hd is just as good with component cables . Should i call dish and get a another 622 that takes hdmi cable? Thanks Harvey

I have used both. I didn't notice any difference with video quality I did notice a huge difference in audio. i have a samsung LN40A630 and a vip 622. tried all sorts of connections. HDMI is the way to go.

Component cables and HDMI are equally capable of carrying HD video. But, with HDMI you may get the addition of sound on a single cable if your TV and/or receiver is HDMI 1.3 compatible. My TV is 1.3 compatible but does not pass through PCM audio to the receiver via TV optical audio out. Instead, it feeds 2 channel stereo. So I run one HDMI cable to the TV and one optical audio cable to the receiver. It really tiddies up installation.

So the question becomes how important is it to streamline you cables. And if it is important, did you check if the cable was defective? Have you hooked any other HDMI devices up to the TV? And did the technician flip all the switches to turn HDMI on in both devices?

If you poke around the web you can find cheap HDMI cables. Can not remember where, but someone offers 3 packs for $10 delivered. Do not buy expensive digital cables ever. With digital it is all or nothing - it either carries a signal or it does not. There is no snow or white nise on a digital image.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts