Horse Racing or National HD

What would you rather have?

• 80 channels of Horse racing for $50 per month.?

Votes: 5 3.2%
  • HD Platinum for $10 per month?

Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Any new channels HD or SD are better then horse racing?.

Votes: 99 63.1%
  • We Have enough HD, Bring on the Horse racing.

Votes: 5 3.2%
  • Sports Packs Like MLB and NFL

Votes: 21 13.4%
  • None of the above.

Votes: 16 10.2%

• Total voters

Hemi 6.1

On Vacation
Original poster
May 3, 2007
Wayne County,Pa
80 Channels of Horse Racing for $50 per month, with the risk of taking up National channel space that may limit or prevent adding National networks in SD or HD.
Or would you rather keep the space open to ensure space to add new channels.

hehe, the HD leader by adding 80 channels of horse racing LOL.

Boy you gotta love DTV that has NFL Sunday Ticket, MLB Extra Innings, Nascar Pass, oh and no Horses here.

hehe, the HD leader by adding 80 channels of horse racing LOL.

Boy you gotta love DTV that has NFL Sunday Ticket, MLB Extra Innings, Nascar Pass, oh and no Horses here.

The horse racing has not been added yet. It has nothing to do with E* being the HD leader. E* is the HD leader because the carry more national channels in HD than D*. What he is trying to say is that when these channels are added it might take away space from future HD/SD channel additions.

Boy, you gotta love DTV and there 4 yr. old dvr that is still being beta tested every friday night.

For $600 a year for 80 horse racing channels , or E* could supply us with NFL Sunday Ticket and MLB extra Innings for the same price in HD.
What do you think would sell better? Well D* say NFL and MLB,
E* thinks Horse Racing is going rake in the Money. OH BOY!
E* down 94,000, D* up over 450,000. :mad:
Well Charlie I think you might get D* now with this one. Yea right:rolleyes:

For $600 a year for 80 horse racing channels , or E* could supply us with NFL Sunday Ticket and MLB extra Innings for the same price in HD.
DirecTV paid $4 BILLION to lock up exclusive NFL Sunday Ticket rights through 2014.

There is no way the premium to carry the RTN is even in the same galaxy as that.

DirecTV paid $4 BILLION to lock up exclusive NFL Sunday Ticket rights through 2014.

There is no way the premium to carry the RTN is even in the same galaxy as that.
I know that, But D* wanted exclusive rights so thats that.
What I'm saying is Sunday Ticket is Only $380 a Year in HD with D*
RTN is $600
MLB I think is only $200 a Year.
So Whats E* excuse for not having MLB extra Innings?
By the way only about 2 million customers subscribe to NFL Sunday Ticket. How many do you really think is going to subscribe to RTN thats going to make any difference in money for E*?
Not Much!

i think the horse racing tv is more intended for commerical use then it will be for residential. i can think of several bars off the top of my head that would be able to use such a program. many bars with simulcast betting would use it. heck, even the local bar where your bartender is the bookie would use it.

I know that, But D* wanted exclusive rights so thats that.
What I'm saying is Sunday Ticket is Only $380 a Year in HD with D*
$380 in package costs for subs, plus a little extra baked into the pricing of every single subscriber to go towards paying for that $4 billion deal.

RTN is $600
.. and RTN doesn't have the market to demand a huge signing bonus. They are currently paying for space on Galaxy 3C to broadcast 40 channels, and operational costs have the package priced at $100/mo ($1200/year) for current subscribers. The efficiency of turning it over to Dish Network drops pricing to $600/year.

MLB I think is only $200 a Year.
So Whats E* excuse for not having MLB extra Innings?
The $xxx million contract to have the opportunity to be able to offer the package to subscribers. Both DirecTV and inDemand (cable) were willing to pay the massive premium to be able to offer the package. Dish wouldn't make its money back on the package because the folks willing to shell out the cash for MLB:EI want networks like YES, which Dish is unwilling to pay the premium to carry.

How many do you really think is going to subscribe to RTN thats going to make any difference in money for E*?
Not Much!
Dish controls a lot of satellite real estate. They have:

61.5°*
72.7°*
77°*
85°
105°
110°*
113° (After fall 2009 launch: http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/DA-08-1169A1.pdf )
118.75°*
119°*
121°
129°*
148°

Plus maybe a couple others I'm missing, with only a few (*) being strategic orbital slots for their national service. If they can make some use out of their slots they are already paying for (like 105 and 121), why not?

You're making the assumption that carrying RTN will impact their ability to carry national HD channels, but they have a number of options for placing that programming without creating any conflict for their national HD delivery.

You're making the assumption that carrying RTN will impact their ability to carry national HD channels, but they have a number of options for placing that programming without creating any conflict for their national HD delivery.
Your right , They have a lot of satellites out there. So put the Gambling on a satellite thats not being used to provide TV veiwing for the rest of us.
If that happends ,Great!
But if it doesn't there's going to be a lot more Unhappy E* customers then ever.

. Dish wouldn't make its money back on the package because the folks willing to shell out the cash for MLB:EI want networks like YES, which Dish is unwilling to pay the premium to carry.
This is one of the reasons E* is Losing customers and not gaining any.
Face it, E* tactics and thinking is doing nothing But Fail.
Dropping VOOM Failed Lost Customers
Dropping Gol,Fisher,Smithsonian Failed Lost customers.
HD only Turbo Packs Missing HD channels Failed Lost customers
$3-10 Price Hike for DVR atvantage customers. Failed Lost More Customers.
When E* starts adding customers, Then we can start thinking like Dishnetwork.
People are sick of the Dumb channel drops, the crazy Turbo pack nonsence.
E* has been digging a hole for years , and last year shows they may have dug too far.
People aren't dumb, they hear the bad thing that E* does from time to time. They don't have to come to satellite guys to find out.
E* has a chance to turn themselves around, with the 922 ,The New HD Programming.
Lets not screw it up by Charlie again trying to make a quick buck by 80 channels of Horse racing.

Voom Satellite service, Lets not forget . 1 day they were here , Next day GONE!.
With D* adding 460,000 in 1 Quarter,and E* losing 94,000 in the same time, Thats over 550,000 customers that D* gained over E* in 1 Quarter.

80 Channels of Horse Racing for $50 per month, with the risk of taking up National channel space that may limit or prevent adding National networks in SD or HD.
Or would you rather keep the space open to ensure space to add new channels.

DISH Network(R) to Carry Racetrack Television Network Subscription Package

ENGLEWOOD, Colo., May 13, 2009 /PRNewswire-FirstCall via COMTEX News Network/ -- DISH Network Corporation (Nasdaq: DISH) today announced that it has entered into a long-term agreement with Racetrack Television Network (RTN) and HorseRacing TV (HRTV)

4 days late and more dollars short... You don't think they'll breach the contract because a few guys voted on a poll do you?

4 days late and more dollars short... You don't think they'll breach the contract because a few guys voted on a poll do you?
Nope. I don't want them too.
Next Quarters numbers will show enough that E* is doing wrong.
Charlie will sell to D* and We'll all be screwed and charlie will be even more filthy rich.:(

121 has all the room in the world for another 80 channels and it is used for several commercial broadcasts, so it would make sense to put them there... however it would make even more sense to have them on 118 for a one dish solution (if there's room).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)