Horse Racing or National HD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

What would you rather have?

• 80 channels of Horse racing for $50 per month.?

Votes: 5 3.2%
  • HD Platinum for $10 per month?

Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Any new channels HD or SD are better then horse racing?.

Votes: 99 63.1%
  • We Have enough HD, Bring on the Horse racing.

Votes: 5 3.2%
  • Sports Packs Like MLB and NFL

Votes: 21 13.4%
  • None of the above.

Votes: 16 10.2%

• Total voters
HD Platinum for $10 per month?

Isn't that what Platinum is now?

Perhaps you could clarify your intention?

I know that, But D* wanted exclusive rights so thats that.
What I'm saying is Sunday Ticket is Only $380 a Year in HD with D*
RTN is $600
MLB I think is only $200 a Year.
So Whats E* excuse for not having MLB extra Innings?
By the way only about 2 million customers subscribe to NFL Sunday Ticket. How many do you really think is going to subscribe to RTN thats going to make any difference in money for E*?
Not Much!
How much would Sunday Ticket or EI cost if they were actively showing content all year??

Don't worry, E* is not offering RTN at the expense of adding other channels. Even Charlie is not stupid enough to do something like that.

It's simple really, if you don't want RTN, don't subscribe to it. :eureka

I guess I will have to vote for none of the above since there isn't a choice for...Most stupid poll on the site!

I guess I will have to vote for none of the above since there isn't a choice for...Most stupid poll on the site!

agree, and I like how the vote for "Sports Packs Like MLB and NFL" is there.

Dream on Dish on getting neither LOL

i think the horse racing tv is more intended for commerical use then it will be for residential. i can think of several bars off the top of my head that would be able to use such a program. many bars with simulcast betting would use it. heck, even the local bar where your bartender is the bookie would use it.
Yep, like Nascar with real horse power to fill beer steins.

$380 in package costs for subs, plus a little extra baked into the pricing of every single subscriber to go towards paying for that $4 billion deal.
Why do people keep saying this? When you compare comparable packages between Dish and Direct, the prices are pretty equal. When you add equipment and programming, Direct is actually cheaper. Dish only beats Direct in price on low level packages (which direct does not offer) and the everything package.

i think the horse racing tv is more intended for commerical use then it will be for residential. i can think of several bars off the top of my head that would be able to use such a program. many bars with simulcast betting would use it. heck, even the local bar where your bartender is the bookie would use it.
You actually think Bars are going to carry Dish over Direct (which carries every other sports package) because of horse racing? Do you think bars would pay to carry both services for one sport? Do you think that many people whom frequent bars actually watch horse racing? How many bars carry Dish? I have seen only one bar carry Dish over Direct and they have since switched to Direct.

funny.. d's boxes have been more stable and less glitchy than e's .. maybe e should beta test a little longer than none what-so-ever.. :)
They have been? That is funny. My brother has one and he hates it. I have seen it start recording and just stop one minute later for no reason at all. Heck he has only had it about 2 months and has already had it replaced once. Maybe he is expecting to much, he used to have E* so that might have spoiled him.

You actually think Bars are going to carry Dish over Direct (which carries every other sports package) because of horse racing? Do you think bars would pay to carry both services for one sport? Do you think that many people whom frequent bars actually watch horse racing? How many bars carry Dish? I have seen only one bar carry Dish over Direct and they have since switched to Direct.
Exactly!
Another Bright Idea from Dishnetwork.:rolleyes:

They have been? That is funny. My brother has one and he hates it. I have seen it start recording and just stop one minute later for no reason at all. Heck he has only had it about 2 months and has already had it replaced once. Maybe he is expecting to much, he used to have E* so that might have spoiled him.

That sounds more like a TiVo. I have had recording issues with every TiVo I have ever owned and yet to see an single recording issue with the HRs (mine, friends, or family).

Its going to have to go on another satellite such as 85 121 or 105. There is room on 118.7 but I dont see them adding to that. There is no room on the DBS slots for 80 channels. They could put it on Echo5 when it gets to 148 but I highly doubt any channels will be for customers on that bird. Just a license holder and engineer playtoy for testing things.

Dont worry about it.

Why do people keep saying this? When you compare comparable packages between Dish and Direct, the prices are pretty equal. When you add equipment and programming, Direct is actually cheaper.
Depends on what equipment you add; for programming on a single receiver DirecTV can't touch Dish pricing. For many receivers, yes, you can get by a little cheaper with DirecTV.

Dish only beats Direct in price on low level packages (which direct does not offer) and the everything package.
Exactly -- DirecTV's minimum revenue per subscriber has a higher threshold tolerance than Dish. They can't afford to offer the $9.99/mo Welcome pack, the $19.99 Family pack, or any of the lower-cost reduced channel TurboHD packs that Dish network can.

Again, the financial numbers from Q1 says it all when it shows that Dish is driving more net income on almost half the revenue of DirecTV. The agreements that D* has forged to carry all the different sports packs are great from a consumer perspective, but it's weighs them down pretty significantly compared to Dish.

Its going to have to go on another satellite such as 85 121 or 105. There is room on 118.7 but I dont see them adding to that. There is no room on the DBS slots for 80 channels. They could put it on Echo5 when it gets to 148 but I highly doubt any channels will be for customers on that bird. Just a license holder and engineer playtoy for testing things.

Dont worry about it.
I won't worry ,as long as I don't lose any more programming. But those 80 channel have to go somewhere. As long as they go where you say they are going , Its not an issue.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)