HDMI ports on HR20

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

lefatman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 10, 2008
Selbyville DE
Has anyone else had any trouble with the HDMI ports on the HR20 receiver shorting out ? About 2 months ago, the one in my living room had to be replaced.(I got an HD21). Now the one in my bar room has started acting up the same way and I had to install component cables to get any programming. I have a service appointment scheduled for Friday afternoon.

I've had a HR20-700 since they originally came out and have use HDMI since then, no problems with it

My HR20 has had no issues with the HDMI for the almost two years I have had it.

i haven't come across that problem yet, do both rooms have the same model tv?

No. They are not the same model. It just seems funny that component cables solved the problem both times.

I have to go along with most of the people posting in this thread, I have had them for two years as well and have had NO HDMI issues.

To update everyone, the D* tech was just here and after trying a new HDMI cable with no success, he tried with a new receiver (HR23-600) and my old cable and it solved the problem. I guess I must be the only one who receives receivers that short out. Both receivers in question were 2 years old or older.

The HDMI output stopped working on my H20 (not HR) and I had to switch over to the component output. Don't recall timeframe the unit was in service but around 2 yrs or so. Eventually D*** replaced the unit

Personally I've not had any problems with my HDMI connections on any of my receivers. My neighbor, on the other hand, has had trouble and he too has gone to component. In talking to him it seems it might be that he and his teenage son are forever messing with his system. I wonder if HDMI connections are subject to failure because of frequent plugging and unplugging as I've read/heard they apparently break easier than other types of connections.

i once had an issue and a red button reset fixed it. sorry to hear your having issues with the HDMI port

To update everyone, the D* tech was just here and after trying a new HDMI cable with no success, he tried with a new receiver (HR23-600) and my old cable and it solved the problem. I guess I must be the only one who receives receivers that short out. Both receivers in question were 2 years old or older.
just in case i suggest you change that cable when you can. you never know if something in that cable might be shorting out the hdmi port on your D* equipment.

Mine went out a while ago. Just using component now.

I have tried multiple cables, and everything works fine when I hook them up to my DVD player, but no luck with the box.

Personally I've not had any problems with my HDMI connections on any of my receivers. My neighbor, on the other hand, has had trouble and he too has gone to component. In talking to him it seems it might be that he and his teenage son are forever messing with his system. I wonder if HDMI connections are subject to failure because of frequent plugging and unplugging as I've read/heard they apparently break easier than other types of connections.

Not sure about you, but I hooked mine up and have rarely ever had to unplug it, It rarely moves so, the plugging in and unplugging could be an issue, but unless your moving it constantly I'm not sure why you would have that issue.

Not sure about you, but I hooked mine up and have rarely ever had to unplug it, It rarely moves so, the plugging in and unplugging could be an issue, but unless your moving it constantly I'm not sure why you would have that issue.

BTW, there is nothing wrong with using Component cables, picture still looks stunning, just have more cables to deal with.

In my case I suspect a nearby lightening strike was the culprit however never will be able to confirm. I just noticed shortly afterwards the storm no picture. The electromagnetic field magnetized a bedroom tv just behind the D** receiver and took out the electric-eye in my garage door system. I had unplugged all the tv components prior to the strike.
BTW an electric soldering gun did a good job of acting as a degaussing coil. We were able to salvage the tv although the wife would have likes a new HD for the bedroom!

In my case I suspect a nearby lightening strike was the culprit however never will be able to confirm. I just noticed shortly afterwards the storm no picture. The electromagnetic field magnetized a bedroom tv just behind the D** receiver and took out the electric-eye in my garage door system. I had unplugged all the tv components prior to the strike.
BTW an electric soldering gun did a good job of acting as a degaussing coil. We were able to salvage the tv although the wife would have likes a new HD for the bedroom!

Have you contacted your insurance company yet ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)