HDMI question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

xyz38

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 1, 2009
Eastern NC
I have just bought a 55" Samsung 4K Qled TV Mod Q70 series to replace a Sharp 52" TV that is over 10.5 years old and still has a great picture.

My question is for the posters that have upgraded to 4K and replaced their HDMI cables with cables labeled 4K.
Does the 4K labeled cables make a difference over the old HDMI cables?
Used with Dish Hopper3 and Blueray player

I have just bought a 55" Samsung 4K Qled TV Mod Q70 series to replace a Sharp 52" TV that is over 10.5 years old and still has a great picture.

My question is for the posters that have upgraded to 4K and replaced their HDMI cables with cables labeled 4K.
Does the 4K labeled cables make a difference over the old HDMI cables?
Used with Dish Hopper3 and Blueray player

To watch UHD content (aka 4K, which is not a correct description), you need HDMI 2.0 or better cables. On the Hopper3, that means the UHD channel, UHD On Demand, and Netflix UHD, otherwise, you'll be stuck at 1080p at best. This is also true if you have a UHD Blu-Ray player.

If they work you're fine. If no picture, you'll need new cables. Don't get suckered a pay a bundle for them or pay much attention to "certified" labeling. Any Chinese company can print that on their product. They cheat you know? $10 - $15 at Amazon will to do it.

If it came with HDMI 2.x, the installer must have kept them. I need long cables, 8 to 10 feet, and it probably did not come with cables that long.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts