HDMI signal going off and on

brian_tr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 10, 2008
Was not sure if I needed to post acc here or not. Can provide. Yesterday came home and turned on and the video is going off and on. Mostly off. I used a new HDMI cable and hooked it directly to the tv and same thing. I tried the other inputs on tv also. Everything else works Ok. The Joey works fine. The component outputs also work. Have done several hard resets.

What exactly happens when it turns off and on? Does the receiver reboot, or does it just go to a black screen? If a black screen, are you able to bring up any menus or the banner? Is this happening on a Hopper or another Joey?

Joey is fine. When turn off and back on does not reboot. Normal Screen comes up for a moment then goes black. Goes back and forth. Have hooked up with component right now. Can see picture all right with them and call up menu.

Pretty sure its the hopper. I am cleaning up Extended Hard drive and transfer some things I want to save. When a dirt member gets time maybe can help me set up a replacement. At least I am able to use through component for now.

Was not sure if I needed to post acc here or not. Can provide. Yesterday came home and turned on and the video is going off and on. Mostly off. I used a new HDMI cable and hooked it directly to the tv and same thing. I tried the other inputs on tv also. Everything else works Ok. The Joey works fine. The component outputs also work. Have done several hard resets.
Did you try the receiver on a different HDMI input? And what was the outcome?

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Have new receiver coming thanks to dirt team. Hopefully will have sling or will need to exchange it.

Receivers are replaced with like models. Exception could bring you have an H2K and they don't have any in the warehouse ready, they can send a HWS... Same for other receivers, replacements will always be like receivers or one model up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)