TV shows never made it the recycle bin

ohioankev

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 25, 2007
I just purged a list of cancels TV shows (the whole seasons --
Forever, State of Affairs, Battle Creek, Constantine, Backstrom, and The Following ) and the only show to make it to the recycle bin was State of Affairs. Personally in this situation I'm not bothered by what happen I just found it odd and thought I would warn someone who has indecision about deleting recordings and recovering them afterwards. Could it be a S520 bug ?

Noticing that they are all PTAT, I would check and see if it happens on non PTAT channels as well.

Thanks for the heads up Kev. I don't often check the recycle bin to see if everything goes there but I kinda depend on shows being there if I deleted them accidently. I have been warned and will keep an eye on it. :)

Seeing as you said you purged whole seasons maybe the recycle bin was too full?

I think the recycle bin can only hold about 10% of the total HD capacity. So my guess is the the reason State of Affairs stayed in the bin was because it was the last one you deleted.

Personally, I have a conceptual issue with how some use the recycle bin as another file. To me, when something goes in the garbage, it's gone! But that's just me.

Reactions: Hall
Personally, I have a conceptual issue with how some use the recycle bin as another file. To me, when something goes in the garbage, it's gone! But that's just me.

I don't like to wait the forty eight hours, I usually go in there to manually empty the bin. There was one time my dvr lagged while trying to delete a program and I ended up moving another one to the recycling bin so I'm glad dish did add the feature.

I have used the recycle bin several times. I wish the deleted recordings stayed in the bin longer.
Yes! I completely agree. TiVo has deleted recordings in that folder until the DVR needs space for new recordings. However, as far as the Hoppers, I would be happy with something between one and two weeks AT LEAST before items removed from Recycle Bin, excepting if that room is not needed by the DVR.

Reactions: charlesrshell
did you tried to search for the show? i noticed a time ago i deleted a PTAT show by accident and it never showed off in the recycle folder, after a search, the shows appears as available (not in the PTAT folder, saved shows folder, on demand or recycle folder) and i watched from the search results. deleted again and it still didn't showed up in the recycle folder.

did you tried to search for the show? i noticed a time ago i deleted a PTAT show by accident and it never showed off in the recycle folder, after a search, the shows appears as available (not in the PTAT folder, saved shows folder, on demand or recycle folder) and i watched from the search results. deleted again and it still didn't showed up in the recycle folder.
If you saved a show, and yet delete it from PTAT, it won't show in recycle folder because you did not get rid of anything.

Last edited:
If you saved a show, and yet delete it from PTAT, it won't show in recycle folder because you did not get rid of anything.

the show already left the PTAT folder when i deleted from the saved folder more than a month after record it, i only mentioned PTAT just to let know that it was a PTAT show, not that i deleted from the PTAT folder

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)