HDMI to Component

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

That's all I need it for. Audio is comming out of the reciever. Your link from mono price is not what I need though. I need to go from hdmi out the reciever back to componet. That one goes component in Hdmi out.

I don't think it will work. according to the manufactuers specs:

Converting DVI HDMI to Component Video/YPbPr
This converter helps users connect non-HDCP type HDMI or DVI output from video devices like up-converting DVD players/recorder or up-converting AV receiver to TVs or projectors with component video YPbPr inputs.

Or users may choose to watch the HDCP contents at a reduced 480p resolution on any HDTV display via component cable connection with the help of this digital to analog video converter.

I don't want to watch at a reduced resolution.

I tried one of those for my 65" RP Mitz. It didn't work. I did get a picture but it was messed up--changing colors, etc. Not acceptable at all. I think the problem had to do with HDCP. I did receive a full refund when I sent it back but it was a different seller. I don't know what type of receiver you're getting but I do get excellent HD via component inputs from my Dish Network 722. I just wanted to be able to use the HDMI for Blue Ray or when they might no longer allow 1080i over component because of copy protection sometime in the future. Hope this helps.

Ed

HDMI is sending audio and video as 0s and 1s. The component video sends an analog signal to your TV. To receive HD at your TV you need to send the signal as an analog signal (or purchase a D/A converter which could be expensive and may not improve your video image). Component out and component in. This allows your receiver to convert the signal and send an analog HD signal to your display. It is still HD.:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)