HDnet movies

doc000

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 1, 2010
Texas
I see by the uplink that HDnet movies (130) was removed from "free preview" and it's gone from my guide. Yet DISH's website lists it as part of the Top200 package (which is what I have).

Is it actually part of the 200 package or is the website wrong?

Boo. That was a long free preview. I thought it would have been wise to keep a channel like that (HD, commercial-free, uncut, etc.) to retain subs especially with those pesky increases. Is it only in BB@Home again? Why movie it from 383 to 130 then?

Usually channels will be moved to group similar programming together. HDNet Movies is available on the Top 120,200 and 250 and the everything pack.

Usually channels will be moved to group similar programming together. HDNet Movies is available on the Top 120,200 and 250 and the everything pack.

Ok...I guess you didn't read what I wrote. I have the 200 package, and it got removed. It doesn't show up at 130 or 383.

So, was this removal a screw up, or is the website wrong?

Boo. That was a long free preview. I thought it would have been wise to keep a channel like that (HD, commercial-free, uncut, etc.) to retain subs especially with those pesky increases. Is it only in BB@Home again? Why movie it from 383 to 130 then?

*sniff*. Goodbye, HDNet Movies. It was nice knowing you. I just saw it's red on my T.V. Guide (I have AT 120).

Dang, right it was a long free preview. It started when AMC was first take down last Summer, I think.

Just got off a chat online. Evidently there was a change today. HDNet movies is now only part of Dish America and BB. They have not updated the website to reflect this yet.

Now that it is back to a "pay" channel, maybe the Sneak Previews will come back! John Dies at the End, ABCs of Death, and Kiss of the Damned were all listed on the MagSneak site at one time or another as being available of HDNET Movies sneak previews, but all were removed about a week prior to what the listed air-date was.

Just got off a chat online. Evidently there was a change today. HDNet movies is now only part of Dish America and BB. They have not updated the website to reflect this yet.

Dish doesn't seem to be big on communicating things about programming with their customers, unless it's some sort of dispute.

So sad, they have taken like 5 channels from the Latino packages, some of them removed (channels in Spanish) and other channels just dissappeared form the Latino Packages. We had Big 10 before, I live in Wisconsin and is where I watched the games, and now Big 10 is not on the Latino Packages :rolleyes:.
And now HDNet Movies... They just remove and rise prices.

I'm po'd that Dish removed the HDNet Movie channel. As much as they charge for their service, I think they should put it back!

Normally I wouldn't complain,but considering the fact that they just raised rates from $5 to $15 per package,they should have left HDnet movies in the core packages.I suppose they figure the bb@home package has lost a few too many exclusive channels.

HDNET Movies was in the BB package before the AMC dispute and now it is back. Non-BB subscribers have no room for complaint here. We people who PAID for that package are the ones who should feel cheated these past seven months.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I'm sorry everyone, HDnet Movies was changed in one part of my system to the correct packages of Blockbuster@home and DISH America GOld. Unfortunately the channel line up list that I was using has not been updated yet and still showed it on all the Top packages.

HDNET Movies was in the BB package before the AMC dispute and now it is back. Non-BB subscribers have no room for complaint here. We people who PAID for that package are the ones who should feel cheated these past seven months.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Actually I think AT250 subs can complain with all the channels we have been losing to lower packages and the constant free previews of AT 250 channels each month. HDnet Movies was a nice addition.

I decided AT250 isn't worth it anymore and dropped to AT200 a little while ago. Still looking at lineups I may even go down to AT 120 now until football starts and I need the RSN again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)