HDs are blank, not searching, just blank

Status
Please reply by conversation.

brm139

Original poster
Oct 10, 2007
Okay, here's my story: I have an HR20-100 which has been working more-or-less fine for about 18 months. When the latest HD sattellite went active, I was not getting a good signal on most of the HD channels. A service call to re-aim the dish fixed that.

A few days ago there was a mild (for the northeast) winter storm. I started noticing some of the HD channels going out again. The difference this time was that I was not getting the 'searching for signal' message. I was just getting a black screen. I checked my signal strength on all transponders and it is excellent.

As of today, all the channels were back except a few, so I tried resetting the DVR. That just made everything go to hell. Now, none of my HD channels work (still all blanks), and many of my SD channels are now 'searching for signal.' All of my other tvs work perfectly, so I'm thinking it's the DVR.

Any ideas before I call DirecTV to rip them a new one?

Might be the DVR, but given your description I'd guess moisture intrusion into a connection. You didn't give your configuration - but that would be my guess out of the box. I'd start by checking every connection (including your BBC) before you went any further.

Okay, here's my story: I have an HR20-100 which has been working more-or-less fine for about 18 months. When the latest HD sattellite went active, I was not getting a good signal on most of the HD channels. A service call to re-aim the dish fixed that.

A few days ago there was a mild (for the northeast) winter storm. I started noticing some of the HD channels going out again. The difference this time was that I was not getting the 'searching for signal' message. I was just getting a black screen. I checked my signal strength on all transponders and it is excellent.

As of today, all the channels were back except a few, so I tried resetting the DVR. That just made everything go to hell. Now, none of my HD channels work (still all blanks), and many of my SD channels are now 'searching for signal.' All of my other tvs work perfectly, so I'm thinking it's the DVR.

So after the guy came out what are your signals readings?

So after the guy came out what are your signals readings?

Also, the "ripping them a new one" tact is a bad idea with anyone; being polite and discussing things with a reasonable attitude gets people a lot farther.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts