HDTivo HD10-250 rebooting and locking up after rev d

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jeffcarp

Original poster
Oct 17, 2004
I am having problems with my THIRD HR10-250, all after downloading revision D of the software. But my problem doesn't seem exactly what others have described here (HDMI port, etc). I am trying to keep an open mind to see if there is another explanation besides revision D. Anyone have any ideas?

The problem is that the unit will randomly reboot and then lock up on startup, but at very long intervals. Yesterday I had it running from 9am until 10pm. I turned my TV off and went to bed. At 6:30am this morning I turned it on and everything was fine, so I turned it off. At 7:30am I turned the TV back on and it was locked up! (Could the TV be causing this?)

On the DVI input I end up with gray snow, very similar to analog static. On the component input the unit is frozen on the starting up message.

The only way to get it out of being frozen is to unplug it and plug it back in. As I said, this is my THIRD unit doing this. The first unit I had worked fine, until the DAY it downloaded rev D.

The only advise I may offer is that when you get your fourth unit, unplug the phone line until D* fixes the problems with the .5d rev of the software. I hooked my unit up on Friday and made the initial call to get my local number the pulled the plug. I am not looking for a $699 paperweight.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts