This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

HDTivo Lease Program?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

davec53

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 29, 2006
i saw on another forum a mention that the HD-DVR Tivo from Direct would be available by lease starting 3/1/06, when the $200 rebate ends.

as i'm not at all interested in owning the equipment, i'd be all over a lease program, and would even consider jumping ship from Dish, or at least scaling back my programming, so that i can get HD from DTV. they will allow me to get distant HD locals, while Dish will not, so that decides it for me right there.

i searched for any supporting info about this HD-Tivo lease upcoming, but didn't find anything. anyone know the details??

The details have not been released yet. I would check with D* every few days. I just make the switch from E*, but I did not have a problem with buying the equipment. The TIVO unit is only $99

emu1 said:
The details have not been released yet. I would check with D* every few days. I just make the switch from E*, but I did not have a problem with buying the equipment. The TIVO unit is only $99
$99 must be for the standard tivo. Not the HD-tivo.

I was told by DirecTV that the upgrade to the new Mpeg-4 HD DVR will be $99 for those of us who now have the standard DVRs -- seems like a good deal. And, i bet, for those who talk to customer retention and have a good track record with DirecTV, the cost will be less or free.

By standard DVRs I think they probably meant the HD MPEG2 tivos, not the regular BS tivos.

I think people were dumb not getting a free HD-Tivo a few months ago when you could get them for 299 and a 200 dollar rebate and if you bitched a little they would give you free stuff to make you happy.
Now you will be stuck with this crapy rental program.

i admit to getting the HDtivo (virtually free last year) because i needed more space and I heard it may be my ticket to a free dvr upgrade (also later got ota so HD is very nice now). However after a few months of ownership, no way would i ever give it up for a non tivo unit. Existing subs are gonna be hurting. New peeps wont know the difference though.

Status
Please reply by conversation.