HDTivo Lease Program?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

davec53

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 29, 2006
i saw on another forum a mention that the HD-DVR Tivo from Direct would be available by lease starting 3/1/06, when the $200 rebate ends.

as i'm not at all interested in owning the equipment, i'd be all over a lease program, and would even consider jumping ship from Dish, or at least scaling back my programming, so that i can get HD from DTV. they will allow me to get distant HD locals, while Dish will not, so that decides it for me right there.

i searched for any supporting info about this HD-Tivo lease upcoming, but didn't find anything. anyone know the details??

The details have not been released yet. I would check with D* every few days. I just make the switch from E*, but I did not have a problem with buying the equipment. The TIVO unit is only $99

emu1 said:
The details have not been released yet. I would check with D* every few days. I just make the switch from E*, but I did not have a problem with buying the equipment. The TIVO unit is only $99
$99 must be for the standard tivo. Not the HD-tivo.

I was told by DirecTV that the upgrade to the new Mpeg-4 HD DVR will be $99 for those of us who now have the standard DVRs -- seems like a good deal. And, i bet, for those who talk to customer retention and have a good track record with DirecTV, the cost will be less or free.

By standard DVRs I think they probably meant the HD MPEG2 tivos, not the regular BS tivos.

I think people were dumb not getting a free HD-Tivo a few months ago when you could get them for 299 and a 200 dollar rebate and if you bitched a little they would give you free stuff to make you happy.
Now you will be stuck with this crapy rental program.

Plywodstatebum said:
I think people were dumb not getting a free HD-Tivo a few months ago when you could get them for 299 and a 200 dollar rebate and if you bitched a little they would give you free stuff to make you happy.
Now you will be stuck with this crapy rental program.

i admit to getting the HDtivo (virtually free last year) because i needed more space and I heard it may be my ticket to a free dvr upgrade (also later got ota so HD is very nice now). However after a few months of ownership, no way would i ever give it up for a non tivo unit. Existing subs are gonna be hurting. New peeps wont know the difference though.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)