HDTV ATI Wonder Card for media center pc???

Voomster

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 21, 2004
SF Bay Area
HDTV ATI Wonder HD Tuner Card for Media Center PC ???

ATI Tech Wonder Remote Control Edition HDTV /Tuner /Recorder Card for Media Center PC's Mfg. part # 100-71427

ATI Technologies has a HDTV Tuner / Recorder CARD for your Media Center Equipped PC - if you have Microsoft's Windows XP Pro Media Center Edition
2004 / 2005 on your specially equipped Media Center PC computer, it lists for $ 200.00 with a $ 50 rebate from Comp USA this week !!! :yes

Any feedback on this card ???

cnet.com has 6 people rated it with mixed reviews ??? :shocked

Any Media Center PC Techs out there with first hand knowledge about this
AT Wonder HDTV Tuner / recorder card? :confused:

Any conflicts with the ATI X-600 Pci-Xpress card ???? :what
ATI recommends you have a ATI Wonder 9600 or above graphic card

Is it too soon to be getting a HDTV tuner card for you m/c PC and expecting
quality results ??? :confused:

or is the reason there is a $ 25% rebate or $ 50.00 rebate because they are less than superior quality and they are not selling ??? :shh

Voomster :welcome

Voomster said:
ATI Tech Wonder Remote Control Edition HDTV /Tuner /Recorder Card for Media Center PC's Mfg. part # 100-71427

ATI Technologies has a HDTV Tuner / Recorder CARD for your Media Center Equipped PC - if you have Microsoft's Windows XP Pro Media Center Edition
2004 / 2005 on your specially equipped Media Center PC computer, it lists for $ 200.00 with a $ 50 rebate from Comp USA this week !!! :yes

Any feedback on this card ???

cnet.com has 6 people rated it with mixed reviews ??? :shocked

Any Media Center PC Techs out there with first hand knowledge about this
AT Wonder HDTV Tuner / recorder card? :confused:

Any conflicts with the ATI X-600 Pci-Xpress card ???? :what
ATI recommends you have a ATI Wonder 9600 or above graphic card

Is it too soon to be getting a HDTV tuner card for you m/c PC and expecting
quality results ??? :confused:

or is the reason there is a $ 25% rebate or $ 50.00 rebate because they are less than superior quality and they are not selling ??? :shh

Voomster :welcome

Voomster,
There have been a number of quality HDTV cards for the PC already. If you have the processing power, there are a few software decoding cards that can be had for very cheap. They will allow you to capture the direct MPEG2 stream off an OTA antenna, so you can playback later again at full digital quality. They will not, however, recieve from the satellite.

I'd checkout thegreenbutton.com for info on Windows media center, including talk of ATI HDTV card for MCE. There are only 2 cards supposedly supported, that one, and the DVIVO fusion something another. Good luck. I might make the jump further down the road to buy one of these cards.

MCE2005 (just released two weeks ago) supports quite a few HD cards. It also supports multiple tuner cards.

Ive got an HP Media Center PC and they upgraded me for free.

That daughter card is DVI OUTPUT. There is no HD input, only S-Video. All HD is via OTA antenna signal ONLY.

ATI HDtv Card

I have it and can't use it. Well sorta.. it works.. but my desktop pc is only a 1 ghz processor and the video isn't smooth at all. I need a new motherboard and cpu and don't have the time, energy or money right now to do it.

$125 + $5 shipping if anyone wants it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)