HDTV Channels Currently NOT carried by DirecTV

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Most of the channels in the OP's list I really have no desire to see, but the more overall the better.

Canadian Broadcasting Corporation...and last I checked it wasnt authorized to be carried in the US ;)

is that because the FCC doesn't allow it? or is it CBCs / CRTCs rulings?

I'd love to have canadian channels on dtv...namely CBC, TSN

we've been down this road before

If CBC wants to be on satellite, they would need to create a US feed since some shows that are already in the US are also shown on CBC

TSN wouldn't be allowed in the US since they show stuff that is (mostly) readily available in the US

Most of the channels in the OP's list I really have no desire to see, but the more overall the better.

that's called unselfish thinking :up i feel the same, and like you i would like to see those channels with D* for the folks who sub to premiums.

Even if D* knows the channels are out there, I think we should make a point now and then that we'd appreciate receiving some of these channels.

I send an email to customer support once a month asking where the national HD channels are that we are missing, especially the movie channels. I encourage everyone else to do the same.

Frankly, I am shocked that D* is missing so many HD channels. I never thought it would get this bad. Especially after D* paid for so many advertising about them being the HD leader.

That's my biggest problem is they are pretty much using deceptive advertising by claiming to still be the HD leader. That is simply not true anymore in most major cities.

I understand their bandwidth limitation but did expect them to find a way to add another 6 to 10 channels this summer.

It would be EASY for them to find bandwidth... they can replace 6 to 10 HD PPVs.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts